Windows 10: Usb sound driver issue

Discus and support Usb sound driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a soundblaster Katana and g6 plugged in via usb to a usb hub. Alot of the time when i boot the pc there is no sound except generic windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stebod, Jun 2, 2020.

1. stebod Win User

Usb sound driver issue

Hi, I have a soundblaster Katana and g6 plugged in via usb to a usb hub. Alot of the time when i boot the pc there is no sound except generic windows noises. Every time i have to troubleshoot the device and reinstall the current driver and reboot the pc for sound to come back. All drivers and device firmware is up to date. This has been going on for over a month now and i dont understand why its happening. I have the connect software and both devices are shown so no issues there. Any help would be great

:)

stebod, Jun 2, 2020

2. Unplugging USB disables sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound
    card.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 issues with USB sound interfaces

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Usb sound driver issue

After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Usb sound driver issue

1. Usb sound driver issue - Similar Threads - Usb sound driver

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. Ethernet and sound driver issues

Ethernet and sound driver issues: From the DxDiag someone told me I have issues with my ethernet adapter and sound driver. Can someone guide me to a solution? Updating drivers via device manager says the drivers are up to date.https://easyupload.io/zmq1ev...
  5. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  6. Issue with realtek sound drivers

Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  7. USB Driver ISSUE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Driver ISSUE: So I recently built my pc and my pc has no disc driver. So I decided to copy the files from the disc driver to a USB driver. And I dont know what to do next. This is to connect to the internet because my wifi adapter needs a driver. Pls help submitted by /u/UnknownMythical...
  8. Sound driver issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound driver issue: Hi - I am using Sony VAIO laptop - Model number VPCEB42FM. My windows 10 was updated couple of weeks ago. after this update my sound drivers didnt update. Pls help to update sound drivers....
  9. Sound Device/Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  10. USB driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB driver issue: I meet the usb not work. After I try to renew the driver , and check the log . It is as below: >>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - USB\VID_0000&PID_0538\5&2C27A5E&0&1] >>> Section start 2018/07/30 14:18:22.002 cmd: "C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"...