Windows 10: USB Sound, or lack of it

Discus and support USB Sound, or lack of it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having an issue trying to get my USB PnP Sound adapter to work. I see mic levels changing on the Sound Device tab, don't hear anything. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jack63ss, Dec 12, 2019.

1. jack63ss Win User

USB Sound, or lack of it

I am having an issue trying to get my USB PnP Sound adapter to work. I see mic levels changing on the Sound Device tab, don't hear anything. I have changed a number of settings, but can not get the mic and sound playback to come together. Is there something written down that explains how USB PnP Sound is "supposed" to work ? I have tried this on both Win10 and Win7 with the same result, but it works fine without USB PnP on my old Vista laptop.
    Thanks

Jack

:)

jack63ss, Dec 12, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue USB Sound, or lack of it :p

cadaveca, Dec 12, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 12, 2019
  4. USB Sound, or lack of it

Sounds or lack of

Hi Richard,

This could be an issue with the plugins or the sound drivers in your system. For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Did you download the Insider Build through the Fast ring or the Slow ring?
    • Did you install the latest build through clean install?
    • Have you checked if there are any other pending updates on your computer?
    • To remove any possibility of unsuccessful updates, are you using any third-party antivirus programs? If yes, have you tried to disable them and check for necessary updates?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking the post of carleldridge from this No audio on YouTube videos using Internet Explorer 11 for the steps that can possibly resolve your concern.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

USB Sound, or lack of it

1. USB Sound, or lack of it - Similar Threads - USB Sound lack

2. lack of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  3. Mic sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet: Hi, guys whenever I put my headset into my 3.5mm jack on my laptop the audio sounds really tinny lack of bass and quiet, I've tried multiple headsets but they all do the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. also, my headset is a sades sa810...
  4. Sound (lack of)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  5. Clean install with usb due to lack of free space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install with usb due to lack of free space: How do i clean install using a usb due to not enough space?? I have tried using Update assistant and Windows Update...neither will give me the promt to use an external device. This has been a nightmare!...
  6. Usb sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usb sound: Hello, my headset uses usb connector and sounds arent "sharp" as with jack connection. So how i resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-sound/0f592f7d-cd32-47ba-8140-165c6c1d4d4b
  7. Lack of sound !

Lack of sound !: I no longer have any sound . I unplugged the speakers once when the computer was on and have tried to plug them back in but there appears to be no response . It even says that a device has been unplugged even when one is there .Please help !...
  8. Windows 10- lack of USB Audio Driver

Windows 10- lack of USB Audio Driver: I have an ACER laptop using Windows10 Version 1803. I recently purchased an external sound card (Signalink) which connects to computer via USB port. When the signalink is connected to the USB port, Windows 10 should automatically provide a USB audio driver. That hasnt...
  9. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  10. Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple User accounts and lack of System Sounds volume control: I always like to set my system sounds volume to a very low setting. After other users in my family login in and presumably make changes to their sound settings, mine are also effected when I login back in. How to prevent this from happening? [img] 29614