Windows 10: USB Speakers Are Way Too Loud - Volume Level Can't Go Above 10

Discus and support USB Speakers Are Way Too Loud - Volume Level Can't Go Above 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some Pioneer USB speakers that sound great. However they are way too loud at normal volume levels in Windows 10. I have to keep the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IRMan1950, Apr 2, 2019.

1. IRMan1950 Win User

USB Speakers Are Way Too Loud - Volume Level Can't Go Above 10

I have some Pioneer USB speakers that sound great. However they are way too loud at normal volume levels in Windows 10. I have to keep the volume level at 10 or less (max 100), which gives me virtually no room to adjust the sound levels for various types of music.

Device Manager says I have the latest sound drivers. USB audio DAC

I don't have another pair of USB speakers to try and see if there's a difference.

Regular speakers using the Realtek high Definition Audio are at 70 to get the equivalent volume level.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Dan

:)

IRMan1950, Apr 2, 2019

2. Headphone volume is way too loud in windows 10 even with an external usb sound card

I have a pair of Bose QC2 headphones and the volume is WAY too loud in windows on all jacks:

I have tried the following jacks:

• speaker out on back of motherboard
    • headphone out
    • external USB sound card (Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter)

In each case, even a windows volume setting of 1/100 is too loud. Using the same headphones on my macbook pro the lowest volume is MUCH lower.

Is there any way to reduce the volume levels? I'm debating purchasing a more expensive external sound card that has a volume knob that is independent of the windows system volume.

bradforj287, Apr 2, 2019
  3. sound speaker loudness

the new win 10 was just downloaded today and now the speakers volume and loudness do not work raising the volume bar does not increase loudness as it was before the new win 10 update....

JohnGamage, Apr 2, 2019
  4. JudyCl Win User

Volume levels for Logitech Z200 speakers

I just installed a new set of Logitech Z200 speakers on my PC and would like to know what the sound levels should be. I know where to find the volume controls in Control Panel but I don't know what the numbers should be. I would like them to be as loud
    as possible without damaging them. Thank you.

JudyCl, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Speakers Are Way Too Loud - Volume Level Can't Go Above 10 - Similar Threads - USB Speakers Are

2. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  3. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  4. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  6. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  7. Volume too LOUD

Volume too LOUD: Something is wrong with my volume. It's only on 9 and yet it feels like it's on like 24. This only started happening after i restarted for an update. Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?...
  8. Volume is too loud on 5% volume

Volume is too loud on 5% volume: Hello i have a wired JBL headphones and i always have to put my volume on 4% or less because its too loud and my bluetooth headphones didnt have that problem before I tried using troubleshooter it didnt help....
  9. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  10. Volume way too loud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume way too loud: I recently switched harddrives and reïnstalled Windows. My volume however is a LOT higher than it used to be before. I had this before, but I could work around it just fine. However, this time even 5% volume sounds like 90. This can't be right. I've tried a few things...