Windows 10: USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

Discus and support USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies if I'm putting this int he wrong place - this is my first post here, be gentle with me. I've set up a new Dell Optiplex 5070 tower with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moggyman, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Moggyman Win User

USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

Apologies if I'm putting this int he wrong place - this is my first post here, be gentle with me.

I've set up a new Dell Optiplex 5070 tower with Windows 10 and it's all patched up to current levels as of 30th Jan. I'm not currently in front of the box, hence no Windows version number.

I have some small USB-powered speakers attached and all is fine until the PC enters Sleep mode. When it wakes up, the speakers are still shown OK i.e. Device Manager can still see them, I can still use the volume control etc, I see no errors or warnings anywhere, but I get no sound from them. The internal speaker still works. If I restart the PC the sound comes back.

I have looked all over the Device Manager and disabled any options I've found which suggest that it's OK for USB devices to be turned off - if I've missed 'the' one then it must be well hidden! I've checked the BIOS for any similar settings and tried a couple but without success, so I've reset those.

The PC has four USB 3 ports on the back and two USB 2 - I've tried plugging the speakers into all of those but still no joy. Now the really weird thing.....on the front of the PC there are two USB 2 ports, one USB 3 port and a USB-C(?) socket. I get no joy from the USB 3 port and one of the USB 2 ports. However, when I plug the speakers into the remaining USB 2 port I get sound OK after the PC wakes up. I've got no issues with any other devices I've got connected to the USB ports (mouse, keyboard, webcam, 1TB passport disk, printer) so I can't see how it could be a hardware problem per se. I'd be happy to replace the speakers but if this is just Windows 10 being daft then I'd be wasting money.

Can anyone suggest what the issue might be?

Thanks

:)

Moggyman, Jan 30, 2020

2. When I log in Windows 10, I lose left speaker sound

Greetings everyone,

Something strange has been happening to my Windows 10 tablet. It's an Asus Vivotab Note 8. It originally came with Windows 8.1 but also supports Windows 10. After the upgrade, everything worked normally. To be precise, I bought the tablet and upgraded about
    a month ago.

The past week or so, I noticed a sound problem. One of my speakers wasn't working. My first thought was hardware failure, but I had to check for sure. Below I have the steps I took:

• Uninstalled both Realtek Codecs and Intel sound driver
    • Reboot
    • Download NFO chipset drivers from Asus
    • Download Realtek drivers
    • Install ONLY audio drivers from Asus NFO folders
    • Install Realtek drivers (applies the Realtek codecs)
    • Reboot
    • Test - Success, sound is heard correctly
    • Reboot - Failure, sound is lost from the same speaker
    • Repeat the entire process, same results each time
    Then I placed the sound volume on maximum, rebooted and noticed the following:

• As I am logging in (typing password) sound is heard from BOTH speakers
    • When I move past the login screen, I lose sound from the one speaker
    • The above has been happening with no exceptions
    My only installed and running programs are Norton 360, Onedrive and Onenote from my Office subscription.

Any ideas?

VassilisKGR, Jan 30, 2020
  3. USB Speaker not playing sound

Hi John,

This issue might be caused mainly because of drivers. For us to better assist you, please provide us the answers to the following questions:

• What are the results from the
      troubleshooter
      ?
    • Were you able to follow for the next steps of action?
    • What is the make and model of your USB speaker?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to
    run the Microsoft easy fix solutions
    as this can also help us to fix the problem. On that link, simply click the
    Find and fix problems playing sounds hyperlink to run the fix.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, Jan 30, 2020
  4. USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

No speaker sound for non admin users

Hej.

Windows 10 Home (64), version 10.0.15063 updated as of today (21 Sep 2017) on a ASUS V230IC.

If I use an administrator account i have sound both from built in speakers and when I plug in headphones I have sound in them.

But if I login with a non admin acccount I have no sound from speakers but I have sound in headphones, when plugged in.

I have been in contact with ASUS support but did not get any solution other than "reinstall".

So I reinstalled using the reinstall option in W10, but did not resolve the problem. A number of ASUS applications got installed in the "reinstall".

Reinstalled again but this time with a Microsoft DVD to get a clean install with no ASUS applications.

OK, I had to download and install ASUS driver for sound card:

• Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7647

ASUS Audio Sound Control Driver V1.00.02
    but the same problem.

More testing:

• Start computer
    • Login as an administrator, speaker sound OK
    • Switch to a non admin account, speaker sound OK
    • Reboot computer
    • Login to a non admin account, no speaker sound, but headphones OK, when connected.
    And yes, I have used the Windows Troubleshooter but did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion?

/Sten-Åke

Sten-Åke Werner, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

1. USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot. - Similar Threads - USB speakers lose

2. Speakers Not Playing Sound After Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers Not Playing Sound After Reboot: Hi, when I shutdown, restart or put in sleep mode to my PC, there is no sound coming from speakers after turning on. I checked sound services, driver updates, re-install drivers but nothing changed. But if I shutdown completely clicking shutdown button while pressing Shift...
  3. Speakers Not Playing Sound After Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers Not Playing Sound After Reboot: Hi, when I shutdown, restart or put in sleep mode to my PC, there is no sound coming from speakers after turning on. I checked sound services, driver updates, re-install drivers but nothing changed. But if I shutdown completely clicking shutdown button while pressing Shift...
  4. Speakers Not Playing Sound After Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer's Bluetooth-connected speakers muted after sleep or reboot

Computer's Bluetooth-connected speakers muted after sleep or reboot: Is there a setting to ensure Bluetooth-connected speakers are not muted when my Windows 10 computer wakes up or is rebooted? Currently, I have to manually unmute the speakers....
  6. Lost Sound after Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Sound after Sleep: I've had this pc for a few days and it went into sleep mode earlier and I woke it up to no audio over my monitor speakers but bluetooth audio still worksin my headphones. I've tried everything I can with drivers (rollbacks, updates, etc) and I can't figure out what I'm...
  7. Losing shares after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing shares after reboot: I've looked and haven't found the exact problem, but I'm sure there are others. I just got a new laptop, I have a lot of information on the old laptop, I didn't want to move to the new one, but still need access to. So I spent the time to go through all my files and rearrange...
  8. No Sound After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  9. USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.: Apologies if I'm putting this int he wrong place - this is my first post here, be gentle with me. I've set up a new Dell Optiplex 5070 tower with Windows 10 and it's all patched up to current levels as of 30th Jan. I'm not currently in front of the box, hence no Windows...
  10. Password after reboot but not after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Password after reboot but not after sleep.: Hi. How do I configure windows such that it requires a password to log in after a reboot (where my laptop turns itself off) but not after sleeping (where I've just closed my laptop lid for a few minutes)? The only options available in Require sign-in under Sign in options...