Windows 10: USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

Discus and support USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new set of Klipsch R-15PMs, attached via USB. It seems that as long as they are plugged in, the idle clock is constantly reset, at the rate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielSerbicki, Jun 19, 2019.

1. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

I have a new set of Klipsch R-15PMs, attached via USB. It seems that as long as they are plugged in, the idle clock is constantly reset, at the rate of milliseconds. Since the screensaver never comes on, the station never locks when I leave my desk, and I would very much like it to do that.

I'm not sure how to fix this, since the speakers are already running the latest drivers (microsoft drivers, 10.0.18362.1, 3/18/2019.)

I am on 1903, 18362.175.

Just opened an issue, too. https://aka.ms/AA5cg2i.

:)

DanielSerbicki, Jun 19, 2019

2. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

I have a new set of Klipsch R-15PMs, attached via USB. It seems that as long as they are plugged in, the idle clock is constantly reset, at the rate of milliseconds. Since the screensaver never comes on, the station never locks when I leave my desk, and
    I would very much like it to do that.

I'm not sure how to fix this, since the speakers are already running the latest drivers (microsoft drivers, 10.0.18362.1, 3/18/2019.)

I am on 1903, 18362.175.

Just opened an issue, too. Feedback Hub - Windows Insider.

DanielSerbicki, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does the computer go to sleep or display the screensaver when the speaker is unplugged?
    • Does the issue occur when any other USB device is plugged in?

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the methods mentioned below and let us know the results.

Method 1:

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the
      Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Control and hit the Enter key to open the
      Control Panel.
    • Go to Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting - set to
      Disabled

Method 2:

• Right click on the Start button (Windows logo) and select Device Manager.
    • In Device manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click on USB Root Hub and select Properties.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Check the checkbox Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Feel free to write back if you have any questions or need any further assistance with this issue.

Regards

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 27, 2019
  4. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

Hi Sam, thanks for stopping by.

Make and model, it's a homebuilt. Asus z170 Sabretooth, i7-6700k. 16 Gb Ram.

Does the computer go to sleep or display the screensaver when the speaker is unplugged? Yes, it does.

Does the issue occur when any other USB device is plugged in? See above, and no, as far as I can tell. I believe some old controllers caused this problem (a logitech gamepad) but I since upgraded to the xbox one controller and haven't had the problem.

Method 1: no effect.

Method 2: no effect. It was checked, but on or off makes no difference.

Additional note: I've tried plugging the device into a hub and directly into the computer. No difference.

DanielSerbicki, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver - Similar Threads - USB speakers resetting

2. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  3. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  4. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working: I am running Windows 11 and the screen timeout and screensaver function is not working at all regardless of the settings I use. Both functions were working , but stop working about two weeks ago. I am thinking that it might be a registry issue, but not sure. I am hoping that...
  6. Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Screen Timeout and Screensaver are not working: I am running Windows 11 and the screen timeout and screensaver function is not working at all regardless of the settings I use. Both functions were working , but stop working about two weeks ago. I am thinking that it might be a registry issue, but not sure. I am hoping that...
  7. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  8. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  9. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  10. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. klipsch usb speaker not allowing windows to sleep