Windows 10: USB Stick detected

Discus and support USB Stick detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I have an 128GB USB Stick which worked good in the past but now it doesnt shows up in Explorer its also not listed in: Diskpart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theoware, Oct 14, 2020.

1. USB Stick detected

USB Stick detected IiWrAHHseSCw4v71iOmXj6KWXVkwfWjrzGcnsAZV3pk.jpg

Hello,

I have an 128GB USB Stick which worked good in the past but now it doesnt shows up in Explorer its also not listed in: Diskpart (list disk and list volume), USBDeview. I tried to uninstall the "Intenso Ultra Line USB Device" drivers and also my USB-Controller Drivers. My PC shows 20s after plugging the stick in: The USB device couldnt be detected. I hope someone can help me. I dont really care about the data (I just used it for booting recovery programms and stuff).

https://preview.redd.it/mx3qk1uku4t...bp&s=a2c1dca04222c25e5ee23a95077ef4bbf19a9d0d

submitted by /u/theoware
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theoware, Oct 14, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 14, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

USB Stick detected [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Oct 14, 2020
  4. USB Stick detected

Bitlocker will not detect USB stick

Hi

I'm having trouble with BitLocker.

I've got two encrypted laptops, one made by Asus, the other by Sony. Both are encrypted with Bitlocker but neither have a TPM module, so I've made the various policy changes and use a USB stick to decrypt them as they boot. All is good.

However, the USB stick, which hangs off my keyring, was cheap, and the plastic case has now completely fallen apart, so all I'm left with is the metal innards! I fear that although it currently works (if I can hold enough of it to insert into the laptop
    - it's tiny), it'll probably stop working soon.

So, I bought myself a new metal USB memory stick of the same size as the old one (16Gb). I formatted it as FAT32. I tried copying the code across from the old memory stick to the new one, which seemed to work without a problem. However, when I boot the laptops,
    neither of them will detect this USB stick - they both say "Please insert the USB device containing the encryption key" (or words to that effect). If I insert the old (broken!) USB stick, they both boot fine.

Thinking that I couldn't just copy the code, I tried another way, by going to Control Panel --> BitLocker Drive Encryption, then inserting the new USB stick and clicking "Copy startup key". I select the new USB stick, and click "Save". On one laptop, the
    window simply disappears at this point, but the key isn't copied onto the new stick. On the other laptop, I get the error "The startup key couldn't be created. Try again or restart the BitLocker wizard"

Assuming that this was simply a faulty or incompatible USB stick (despite it working fine for standard file storage) I bought another USB stick. This one was more expensive, and was made by Kingston Memory. Identical results. I tried formatting the USB disk.
    I tried deleting the partition on the USB disk and then re-creating it, and re-formatting it. Same problem.

In despair, I bought a third USB stick, from yet another manufacturer. I wondered if it was to do with Bitlocker having a problem with USB 3, so I bought a USB 2 memory stick. Still exactly the same issue on both laptops.

I really need to find a solution to this - I don't mind buying yet another memory stick, but I need to know what makes some sticks (okay, one stick) compatible, and others not compatible, otherwise I'm going to have a thousand USB sticks and still no working
    BitLocker.

Can anyone help?

Andrew M Richards, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

USB Stick detected

1. USB Stick detected - Similar Threads - USB Stick detected

2. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup: My LTE USB stick does not automatically connect to the internet on startup. I see the following issue in the device manager with a device called CDC ECM: If I re-plug my device it connects to the internet and the CDC ECM device disappears but I would like for it to connect...
  3. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup: My LTE USB stick does not automatically connect to the internet on startup. I see the following issue in the device manager with a device called CDC ECM: If I re-plug my device it connects to the internet and the CDC ECM device disappears but I would like for it to connect...
  4. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup: My LTE USB stick does not automatically connect to the internet on startup. I see the following issue in the device manager with a device called CDC ECM:If I re-plug my device it connects to the internet and the CDC ECM device disappears but I would like for it to connect...
  6. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup: My LTE USB stick does not automatically connect to the internet on startup. I see the following issue in the device manager with a device called CDC ECM:If I re-plug my device it connects to the internet and the CDC ECM device disappears but I would like for it to connect...
  7. LTE USB stick detected as CDC ECM on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  9. USB stick infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB stick infected?: Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today. whats that? p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i...
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...