Windows 10: USB stick in use.

Discus and support USB stick in use. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountMike, Sep 8, 2018.

1. CountMike Win User

USB stick in use.

Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them, delete or do whatever else except format.
    In safe mode works fine.

:)

CountMike, Sep 8, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB stick in use.

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB stick in use. nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

USB stick in use.

1. USB stick in use. - Similar Threads - USB stick

2. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  3. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  4. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...
  6. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...
  7. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...
  8. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...
  9. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  10. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...