Windows 10: USB stick in use.

Discus and support USB stick in use. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountMike, Sep 8, 2018.

1. CountMike Win User

USB stick in use.

Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them, delete or do whatever else except format.
    In safe mode works fine.

:)

CountMike, Sep 8, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB stick in use.

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB stick in use. nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

USB stick in use.

1. USB stick in use. - Similar Threads - USB stick

2. Original Windows 10 USB stick not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original Windows 10 USB stick not working.: Hi guys. Trying to do a clean Windows 10 install on my PC.. But the following Error message appear during install: 0x80070570. I've tried changing the SSD and RAM, changed settings in BIOS and done the Diskpart rutine to no avail. Frustrated and looking for a quick fix,...
  3. Reinstall Win 10 on HP laptop from USB stick taking several days?

Reinstall Win 10 on HP laptop from USB stick taking several days?: Greetings, Win 10 was working fine on my HP EliteBook 2170p until the major windows update 2 January 2019. Since then, Windows would never fully re-boot. I tried Windows repair a few times - it would never complete and gave an error report. I tried to 'undue latest upgrade'...
  4. Photos moved to usb memory stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos moved to usb memory stick: How do I move all my photos from my pc to a usb memory stick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-moved-to-usb-memory-stick/ed56020a-82ef-48f9-8a14-327beefbd57b"
  5. How do I remove write-protection from my USB Stick?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove write-protection from my USB Stick?: I run Windows 10 and here is my problem that started today. Everytime I go to put something on my USB Flash Drive I get a message saying: "The disk is write protected" -- Remove the write protection or use another disk.This just started today and I tried another USB stick and...
  6. My computer won't boot up with the USB stick

My computer won't boot up with the USB stick: I recently installed new Installation media on my 16 GB Usb stick so I can upgrade my 32-bit OS pc to 64-bit OS. Note that I am using the same pc i installed the installation media on. When the download finished etc etc, I shut down my pc and entered the BIOS Settings using...
  7. Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to use a normal USB stick to install Windows 10 (64-bit): I am currently running a x32 version of Windows 10 with a x64-based processor. I wan to launch a game which requires a 64-bit OS. The reason I'm asking this question here, is to make sure I can use a normal USB stick you can buy from a shop to install the installation media...
  8. Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick

Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick: Hi, I used the media creation tool to create the Windows 10 installation media onto a USB flash drive. I no longer need the installation media on the USB but I am unable to delete the files on the stick. I've tried to format the USB drive but it tells me that it is read...
  9. USB memoty stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memoty stick: I have never used a memory stick. I wish to know how to empty a stick and download photos. Can I be shown how, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-memoty-stick/87a386dd-18b9-4f68-860e-ce4f8c7ffea3
  10. When I try to delete files from a USB stick I get the Error message Ox80070057. it says...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to delete files from a USB stick I get the Error message Ox80070057. it says...: When I try to delete files from a USB stick I get the Error message Ox80070057. it says the parameter is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-delete-files-from-a-usb-stick-i-get/d637a0c4-d1cf-4659-9dc0-ae445fce6fcf"