Windows 10: USB stick infected?

Discus and support USB stick infected? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ulysses, May 22, 2020.

1. Ulysses Win User

USB stick infected?

Hello ten community,

When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders.

please see attached screenshot.

I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today.

whats that?

p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i connect USB stick i have always pressed on shift button and after will connect a sticks.
    how is possible clean USB from virus by CMD without losing data inside?

sometimes i got a USB sticks from user's with shortcut inside and all data is hiden or something like it.

thanks for ur time.

:)

Ulysses, May 22, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 22, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

USB stick infected? [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, May 22, 2020
  4. bruinator Win User

USB stick infected?

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 22, 2020
Thema:

USB stick infected?

1. USB stick infected? - Similar Threads - USB stick infected

2. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it: The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32 \cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb.cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb,GEcyVrPlIeCYvJazI've already scanned everything with malwarebytes...
  3. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it: The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32 \cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb.cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb,GEcyVrPlIeCYvJazI've already scanned everything with malwarebytes...
  4. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  6. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  7. Bootable USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB stick: I downloaded from the official website the ISO of Windows 10, the one released on 10th of October 2020. At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, and I want to go back to windows OS. As probably many know, while creating the bootable USB stick with windows ISO, I encounter...
  8. Software to usb stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Software to usb stick: First I have never tried this and know nothing about what I want to do. I have many questions. I have a piece of software that is an iso file. It is too large to put on a DVD. I have been told I can put it on a usb stick. Can I use IMGburn to do this? The usb stick I want...
  9. Can Ransomware infect an ejected USB stick?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Ransomware infect an ejected USB stick?: Can Ransomware infect a not physically removed but windows software ejected USB stick? The reason being that i wish a second line of backup other than just one drive on a remote work computer, where it is not possible to do a physical daily backup - however i could insert...
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...