Windows 10: USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

Discus and support USB stick not recognised in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; USB stick not recognised in Windows 10? Other thread was locked so here is a alternative solution that worked for me. I tried all the regedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewWasHere, Jul 25, 2019.

1. USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

USB stick not recognised in Windows 10?

Other thread was locked so here is a alternative solution that worked for me.

I tried all the regedit deletes, plug and play on/off or switch to 'Automatic' etc with no luck. My 64GD Sandisk USB still would not work but did on other machines etc even other Windows 10 machines (I am currently writing this from my 2018 HP OMEN)

I simply inserted a 1 meter USB extension cord and into that I inserted the Sandisk USB stick... and it worked.

On my OMEN I have three USB-3 ports and no USB-2. None worked directly but with the USB extension cord they all worked.

It appears to be a hardware issue for some.

Hope this helps!!

:)

AndrewWasHere, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Cefizelj' Win User

USB Device (USB Stick) Not Recognised by Windows 10

Hello auggy! I did what you suggested. I have found greyed-out "USB Mass Storage Device" entry corresponded to not working USB Stick, uninstalled it, plugged back the Stick but unfortunately story is the same (see the snipping below). USB Stick is still
    not working. Any new suggestions?

Actually this not working USB Stick is not a big deal, I can use thousands of other USB Sticks instead. But I would really like to find out, why this particular Stick is not working. What is causing that this Stick is not recognised. Actually the whole series
    of USB Sticks (JetFlash 700/730 - 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) is not recognised on my computer, because they are all using the same driver. It would be the best to manually re-install driver for this particular USB Stick series (delete the old one's remains, install
    the new one), but manufacturer does not offer drivers at his download page.

USB stick not recognised in Windows 10 cd97f47c-3f1e-43e8-bbab-b3cc6376e3f0.jpg

Cefizelj', Jul 25, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 25, 2019
  4. USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

1. USB stick not recognised in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB stick recognised

2. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  3. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  4. USB stick not recognised by Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick not recognised by Windows?: Windows 10 home fully updated: I have a usb 2 stick that came with a hardware package, the stick is supposed to have the needed software and manual on it. My problem is that Windows does not see the stick ( it doesn't exist ). I was wondering if there was a way to get Windows...
  5. USB not recognised Windows 10

USB not recognised Windows 10: Hello, I am ExetreemPlayz. I have a issue when I plug in a usb device Phone, tablet etc There is a error saying “Usb not recognised” Can anyone please help? My pc: Acer Aspire TC-865...
  6. Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ny0l92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g50o2l/doesnt_recognise_boot_file_in_the_usb_stick/
  7. Memory Stick not recognised

Memory Stick not recognised: Good afternoon Microsoft I have a memory stick that used to work with my HP Pavillion that has Windows 10 on it WE are now using Edge and the PC will not recognise the stick I am 69 and not to PC literate please assist Steve...
  8. USB Not recognised Windows 10

USB Not recognised Windows 10: USB not recognised in windows 10 - makes the sound like USB is picked up but does not display in file explorer. Tried to uninstall all usb devices in device manager - did not work. Any other ideas?...
  9. Windows 10 on the USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on the USB stick: I want to download Windows 10 on the USB stick. But I’ve found a file called ‘system volume information’, which I cannot delete. How can I install Windows 10 on a USB stick and do I need this file?...
  10. windows 10 usb stick

windows 10 usb stick: Windows 10 refuses to recognise any of my usb sticks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-usb-stick/d912e459-704e-4d75-a97e-b2316939c1a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandisk 32gb flash drive recogized in device manager but not in file explorer for windows 10

2. media creation tool usb not recognised