Windows 10: USB stick not showing

Discus and support USB stick not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chloecampbell, Feb 29, 2020.

1. USB stick not showing

I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else.

:)

chloecampbell, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Chryonn Win User

USB stick shows no items

hi all, i have a 32GB USB memory stick that shows up fine in XP. however when i transfer anything over 2Gb, it shows no items listed as if there's nothing there. but looking at its properties (the pie-chart) it shows there's free space and used space.
    does anyone have this problem or know of any utilities that would allow me to view the used space?

Chryonn, Feb 29, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 29, 2020
  4. lewy90725 Win User

USB stick not showing

Chkdsk shows errors after formatting the usb stick

In order to reproduce the problem, I am doing the following steps:

• I put a text file with a single line of text on the usb file.
    • I plug in a USB stick to a PC and in the explorer window I go to the usb stick drive.
    • I double-click on the text file and open it in notepad.
    • I close the notepad.
    • I the explorer I go to the one level up and I click the right button on the USB drive and choose the properties->format.
    • I formatted the disk with default proposed parameters (FAT32).

The disk is empty after formatting. At the command line prompt window, I type the chkdsk and the letter of the USB drive and I am receiving information that errors have been found (Convert lost chains to files (y/n)?).

I checked it with various usb sticks and different systems (Windows 7, 8, 10) and I got the same results.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lewy90725, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

USB stick not showing

1. USB stick not showing - Similar Threads - USB stick showing

2. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  3. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my usb stick not show?: This morning I plugged in my usb stuck in, but it does not show up on this pc. The usb icon shows up with open devices and printers yet under that it just shows 3 dots is thier a way to fix this?...
  4. Why does my usb stick not show?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  6. 512gb usb memory stick only showing 460gb

512gb usb memory stick only showing 460gb: I bought a new sandisk 512gb usb memory stick, but it only shows up as having 460gb, why's that, where are the rest of the gb? 179658
  7. USB stick infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB stick infected?: Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today. whats that? p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i...
  8. USB stick does not show up at all

USB stick does not show up at all: System Specs: Windows 10 home 64bit AMD 2600X ASUS B450-F 16GB 2x8gb 3200Mhz DDR4 ram Nvida EVGA 550 ti C Drive: Samsung 970 pro 500gb Now this is a really odd issue that im coming across. I know for a fact that all my USB ports are functional due to testing other...
  9. USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gollorium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e70w0v/usb_sticks_showing_up_as_blank_icons_on_explorer/
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...