Windows 10: USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB

Discus and support USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone!, Today I got my new SSD and in order to set everything up properly, I bought a brand new Intenso 16gb USB-Stick (which was write- and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lukorn, Oct 22, 2018.

1. lukorn Win User

USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB

Hello everyone!,

Today I got my new SSD and in order to set everything up properly, I bought a brand new Intenso 16gb USB-Stick (which was write- and readable). I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, selected my USB stick and started the process. Just when it reached 100% I get an error message. Naturally I tried it again, but my Intenso USB stick wasnt selectable anymore.

I tried to format the USB stick with any means possible (windows tools, several free partition/formatting tools) but nothing works. My USB drive now behaves like a CD-drive (removable media) and asks me to insert media into it. Is there any way I can recover my USB stick and use it to make a bootable USB drive, or did the Microsoft Media Creation Tool break it completely?

:)

lukorn, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Pythe Win User

USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB

Media Creation Tool ruined USB stick

I tried creating a bootable USB using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool last night. It worked great, and I'm done with it. I want to format my USB stick so I can use it again, but the volume appears to have been marked read-only. How can I recover use
    of my USB stick?

Pythe, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB - Similar Threads - USB Stick usable

2. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?: Hi,I have a USB external Hard Drive one TB in size with two partitions. I made the first partition 32 GB in size and formatted it as FAT32. It was assigned the letter D:. I made a second partition that includes all of the remaining space, and formatted it as NTFS. It was...
  3. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?: Hi,I have a USB external Hard Drive one TB in size with two partitions. I made the first partition 32 GB in size and formatted it as FAT32. It was assigned the letter D:. I made a second partition that includes all of the remaining space, and formatted it as NTFS. It was...
  4. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi all,My laptop Windows may need factory re-set. I want to prepare for the worst scenario, as laptop has become unpredictable. I have taken back-ups of files, but I am not able to create a recovery drive.I get the message that "Some required files are missing. To...
  6. Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD: Whenever I try to create a bootable USB using the media creation tool, I get an ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY BSOD. Here are the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j64hqzsi32zuzk8/minidump.7z/file....
  7. Bootable USB stick

Bootable USB stick: I downloaded from the official website the ISO of Windows 10, the one released on 10th of October 2020. At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, and I want to go back to windows OS. As probably many know, while creating the bootable USB stick with windows ISO, I encounter...
  8. Bootable USB stick (Windows)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB stick (Windows)?: How long does it take to create a bootable USB stick? Bootfähiger USB Stick (Windows)?
  9. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  10. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recovery usb not finished and not usable anymore

2. win 10 bootable usb failed

3. after making bootable usb it is not usable

4. failed to create windwos boot,
  5. Create A Bootable USB Stick On Windows,
  6. how to make dell usb win 10 sticks useable