Windows 10: USB Stick not working on any device

Discus and support USB Stick not working on any device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Kingston USB 3.0 stick of 16 GB. It's fairly new. It was working fine since i got it but now is just stopped working and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by desmond1303, Aug 12, 2015.

1. USB Stick not working on any device

Hi there,

I have a Kingston USB 3.0 stick of 16 GB. It's fairly new. It was working fine since i got it but now is just stopped working and I was wondering if there is any way I could save it.

When I insert it into a PC it makes the usual "device connected" sound but the stick doesn't show up anywhere (Device Manager, This PC, diskpart, Disk Management), and after approximately 60 seconds the PC make the "device disconnected" sound, and on Windows 10 i get this error message:

USB Stick not working on any device [​IMG]

It's NOT a problem with my PC as this happens on every PC I tested it on. Other devices, like my DVR, Cable STB, SmartTV, etc don't recognize that it is inserted at all.

It worked on all above mentioned devices before.

I hope it isn't irreparable, although it didn't contain any important data.

Thanks

:)

desmond1303, Aug 12, 2015
  2. cscroggs3 Win User

USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

Windows 10 will not recognize my USB memory stick (PNY 64gb) at all. The stick worked fine under windows 8.1, (! USB Device Not Recognized The last usb device you connected to this computer). My Kingston 8gb DataTraveler USB memory stick works fine with
    Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

cscroggs3, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Cefizelj' Win User
    USB Device (USB Stick) Not Recognised by Windows 10

Auggy, I have sent you requested DMP files on your private E-mail address!

Cefizelj', Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

USB Stick not working on any device

1. USB Stick not working on any device - Similar Threads - USB Stick working

2. Edit Videos on USB stick dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Videos on USB stick dont work: Hi i bought a SanDisk 3.2Gen1 USB stick to store video clips on it, i always edit cut the important part out of the 5min clip them after with just Microsoft Photos so i just play the Video and click on "cut" in the lower right corner. It always worked fine but after i bought...
  3. Edit Videos on USB stick dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Videos on USB stick dont work: Hi i bought a SanDisk 3.2Gen1 USB stick to store video clips on it, i always edit cut the important part out of the 5min clip them after with just Microsoft Photos so i just play the Video and click on "cut" in the lower right corner. It always worked fine but after i bought...
  4. Edit Videos on USB stick dont work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Pro USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device: Windows 10 Pro on USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device. Thoughts anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-usb-stick-bought-on-amazon-wont-fit/8e363f1d-582c-4a9b-9de6-4a650fc21cbb
  6. USB stick suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick suddenly stopped working: I was copying some files to my USB stick. Suddenly, the copy action failed and the USB stick disappeared from This PC. Now, when I plug it in: - It shows up in Devices and Printers (as Intenso Speed Line) - It shows up in Device Manager (as USB Mass Storage Device, with an...
  7. Original Windows 10 USB stick not working.

Original Windows 10 USB stick not working.: Hi guys. Trying to do a clean Windows 10 install on my PC.. But the following Error message appear during install: 0x80070570. I've tried changing the SSD and RAM, changed settings in BIOS and done the Diskpart rutine to no avail. Frustrated and looking for a quick fix,...
  8. Ant+ Stick only works in USB Hub

Ant+ Stick only works in USB Hub: I have a, in my opinion, strange issue. I use a Garmin Ant+ stick to collect cycling data while on a stationary trainer. I had purchased a Lenovo Yoga early 2018. It only has 1 usb port so I purchased a 4 port USB hub so I could increase my number of ports a second screen...
  9. usb stick

usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  10. Not recognising any USB devices

Not recognising any USB devices: Suddenly, from one day to the next, my W10 stopped to recognise any externally connected devices. I've tried using my USB hub, I've tried plugging 4 different usb->micro USB cables(to get the faulty cable out of the equation) to the front of my PC as to the back where the...