Windows 10: USB Stick Questions, Please ?

Discus and support USB Stick Questions, Please ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Trying to make things easier for another user. If I plug a USB stick into my Mac, it shows up automatically on the Desktop. Great, makes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

USB Stick Questions, Please ?

Hello, Trying to make things easier for another user. If I plug a USB stick into my Mac, it shows up automatically on the Desktop. Great, makes it easy. a. Is there any way to have it show up similarly when plugged into a W10 pc on the Desktop ? It shows (only) in "File Explorer" now. b. And, the USB stick seems to show up in two different places: One, directly Under "This PC" and again at the same hierachial level as "This PC". Can someone explain this for me please ? Why two places ? Which do I want ? Will changes in one effect the other also ? etc. ? Thanks for help, Bob

:)

Robert11, Aug 3, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 3, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

USB Stick Questions, Please ? [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

USB sticks not recognized...sometimes...Help?

Hi,

To better understand why this happens, please answer the following questions:

• Did this start to happen after installing updates on your computer?
    • Does the USB stick work when you plug it to another device?
    • Do you get any errors when you connect the USB stick to your computer?
    Let's try to run the troubleshooter available on this
    page
    while your USB stick is connected to the computer. It will tell you if it detects anything and automatically correct it.

Let us know if you have questions.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Stick Questions, Please ? - Similar Threads - USB Stick Questions

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  4. USB Stick Questions, Please ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Questions, Please ?: Hello, Trying to make things easier for another user. If I plug a USB stick into my Mac, it shows up automatically on the Desktop. Great, makes it easy. a. Is there any way to have it show up similarly when plugged into a W10 pc on the Desktop ? It shows (only) in "File...
  5. Software to usb stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Software to usb stick: First I have never tried this and know nothing about what I want to do. I have many questions. I have a piece of software that is an iso file. It is too large to put on a DVD. I have been told I can put it on a usb stick. Can I use IMGburn to do this? The usb stick I want...
  6. USB stick infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB stick infected?: Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today. whats that? p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i...
  7. USB Port Expander Questions, please ?

USB Port Expander Questions, please ?: Hi, Not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. Two questions, please: a. Those multi port USB Expanders, like Atolla, that Amazon sells: Some have an "extra" Port for "fast charging". Can this Port also be used safely like the 4 or 7 other regular...
  8. USB Port Expander Questions, please ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Port Expander Questions, please ?: Hi, Not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. Two questions, please: a. Those multi port USB Expanders, like Atolla, that Amazon sells: Some have an "extra" Port for "fast charging". Can this Port also be used safely like the 4 or 7 other regular...
  9. RAM Sticks Question

RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...