Windows 10: USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

Discus and support USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lse123polis, Sep 14, 2022.

1. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?

:)

Lse123polis, Sep 14, 2022

2. Recovery Media USB Sticks

Just 1 question, a short question too.. What are recovery media sticks used for (i'm young)

OliverHynes, Sep 14, 2022
  3. Recovery Media USB Sticks

Computers then went to using CDs for recovery > then DVDs as the size of the operating system went from MBs to GBs.

Now a lot of laptops no longer have CD/DVD (Optical) Drives as part of the hardware they are made with.

This is will show you how they are used in Windows 8.1, using the Manufacturer's Recovery Partition.

The manufacturer also supplies information on how to do this

Create a USB recovery drive

Or:

"Create installation media for Windows 8.1"

Create installation media for Windows

"Download Windows 8.1"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

"How to Create a Bootable USB or DVD with a Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO"

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2227-create-bootable-usb-dvd-windows-8-iso.html

USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media warnsmall.png
    Warning

This will not work to install Windows 8 or 8.1 for UEFI. For that, see this tutorial below instead.

UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Bill Smithers, Sep 14, 2022
  4. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

1. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media - Similar Threads - USB Stick Recovery

2. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  3. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  4. USB Installation Media and/or Recovery Partition Overhaul???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Installation Media and/or Recovery Partition Overhaul???: So as a newbie to this whole process, I’ve been reading various webpages and threads here. I’m still confused to do the following: Create a USB installation drive which includes all the necessary updated drivers. I ended up using Powershell to add drivers to both boot.wim...
  5. usb instalation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb instalation media: need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-instalation-media/93ff205c-55ce-47af-9b16-f12dd5eb03dc
  6. usb instalation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb instalation media: need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-instalation-media/93ff205c-55ce-47af-9b16-f12dd5eb03dc
  7. usb instalation media

8. Usb recovery media failed

Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  9. Lenovo USB Recovery Media

Lenovo USB Recovery Media: Hi I accidentally deleted the OKR Recovery partition on my lenovo ideapad 500s laptop. I bought USB Recovery from Lenovo service. When I install Recovery via USB, windows 10 is installing the old version. The USB install.wim file is encrypted. How can I add new version...
  10. Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick

Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick: Hi, I used the media creation tool to create the Windows 10 installation media onto a USB flash drive. I no longer need the installation media on the USB but I am unable to delete the files on the stick. I've tried to format the USB drive but it tells me that it is read...