Windows 10: USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

Discus and support USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B.

:)

Robert11, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Chryonn Win User

USB stick shows no items

hi all, i have a 32GB USB memory stick that shows up fine in XP. however when i transfer anything over 2Gb, it shows no items listed as if there's nothing there. but looking at its properties (the pie-chart) it shows there's free space and used space.
    does anyone have this problem or know of any utilities that would allow me to view the used space?

Chryonn, Aug 4, 2021
  3. lewy90725 Win User
    Chkdsk shows errors after formatting the usb stick

In order to reproduce the problem, I am doing the following steps:

• I put a text file with a single line of text on the usb file.
    • I plug in a USB stick to a PC and in the explorer window I go to the usb stick drive.
    • I double-click on the text file and open it in notepad.
    • I close the notepad.
    • I the explorer I go to the one level up and I click the right button on the USB drive and choose the properties->format.
    • I formatted the disk with default proposed parameters (FAT32).

The disk is empty after formatting. At the command line prompt window, I type the chkdsk and the letter of the USB drive and I am receiving information that errors have been found (Convert lost chains to files (y/n)?).

I checked it with various usb sticks and different systems (Windows 7, 8, 10) and I got the same results.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lewy90725, Aug 4, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ? - Similar Threads - USB Stick Showing

2. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb: Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I click the shortcut it opens into the drive like it use to - but saving files to it doesn't always work.After a google it...
  3. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb: Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I click the shortcut it opens into the drive like it use to - but saving files to it doesn't always work.After a google it...
  4. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  6. USB stick not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick not showing: I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-not-showing/f9e68365-a15d-4fe7-b5e8-9aebfdf3941b
  7. USB stick does not show up at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick does not show up at all: System Specs: Windows 10 home 64bit AMD 2600X ASUS B450-F 16GB 2x8gb 3200Mhz DDR4 ram Nvida EVGA 550 ti C Drive: Samsung 970 pro 500gb Now this is a really odd issue that im coming across. I know for a fact that all my USB ports are functional due to testing other...
  8. How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see when USB sticks got plugged into my PC?: Is windows 10 creating protocolls about this one? Is there any way for me to see when an USB stick got stuck into my PC / got removed? I need help because I highly suspect someone stole the data that was on my USB stick. I cant confront the person unless I have evidence he...
  9. USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gollorium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e70w0v/usb_sticks_showing_up_as_blank_icons_on_explorer/
  10. Windows 10 fails to Start When USB Stick is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fails to Start When USB Stick is Plugged In: I backup data to my USB. When I forget to remove it and restarting in the morning. the boot gets to the blue Windows logo and stops. No progress indicator... nothing. After removing the stick and then pressing and holding the power button the system starts fine. I was...