Windows 10: USB stick suddenly stopped working

Discus and support USB stick suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was copying some files to my USB stick. Suddenly, the copy action failed and the USB stick disappeared from This PC. Now, when I plug it in: - It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Busman, Oct 30, 2019.

1. USB stick suddenly stopped working

I was copying some files to my USB stick. Suddenly, the copy action failed and the USB stick disappeared from This PC.

Now, when I plug it in:
    - It shows up in Devices and Printers (as Intenso Speed Line)
    - It shows up in Device Manager (as USB Mass Storage Device, with an error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) )
    - It does not show up in Disk Management
    - It does not show up in Explorer

I have tried:
    - Rebooting
    - Plugging it into a different computer
    - Plugging it into different USB ports.
    - Running the Troubleshooter
    - Reinstalling the USB drivers
    None of this changes anything.

I understand that it may be physically broken somehow; but is there anything I haven't tried yet? It's a pretty good USB stick so I would like it work again.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Busman, Oct 30, 2019
  2. AGriffi Win User

Memory stick has suddenly stopped working on all computers

HELP!

My memory stick has suddenly stopped working when plugged in to both my home and work computers.

No drive being shown on file explorer when USB plugged in and no light flickering on stick.

No access to all my work!!

Using Windows 10 at home.

Can anyone please help me sort this out so I can see all my files?

Thank you!

AGriffi, Oct 30, 2019
  3. AGriffi Win User
    Memory stick has suddenly stopped working on all computers

* Duplicate. Merged.

HELP!

My memory stick has suddenly stopped working when plugged in to both my home and work computers.

No drive being shown on file explorer when USB plugged in and no light flickering on stick.

No access to all my work!!

Using Windows 10 at home.

Can anyone please help me sort this out so I can see all my files?

Thank you!

AGriffi, Oct 30, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

USB stick suddenly stopped working

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

USB stick suddenly stopped working

1. USB stick suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - USB stick suddenly

2. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I use a usb Bluetooth receiver to connect my controller Ps4 Controller to the computer wireless and just one day it suddenly just stopped working, i bought 2 other usb bluetooth receiver and they seems to not work. Any ideas why it stopped working?...
  3. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I use a usb Bluetooth receiver to connect my controller Ps4 Controller to the computer wireless and just one day it suddenly just stopped working, i bought 2 other usb bluetooth receiver and they seems to not work. Any ideas why it stopped working?...
  4. Usb Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Midi over usb devices suddenly stop working.: So I have a few midi peripherals for my pro audio windows computer. After several months of stability, suddenly one device will stop working forever. The usual uninstall, change cables and ports etc all tried to death. The only fix is creating a new windows profile and...
  6. Blutooth suddenly stops working (WIN 10, USB stick?

Blutooth suddenly stops working (WIN 10, USB stick?: Hello, I have connected a Bluetooth USB stick and use different Bluetooth headphones on the PC (WIN10). Now it suddenly doesn't work anymore. The Bluetooth stick lights up, the headphones work, but the Bluetooth doesn't search or find the right one. It does not find any...
  7. USB ports suddenly stopped working!

USB ports suddenly stopped working!: Two of the USB ports on my computer have suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of to re-start them, but to no avail. Any more ideas out there?...
  8. Memory stick has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory stick has suddenly stopped working: HELP! My memory stick has suddenly stopped working when plugged in to both my home and work computers. No drive being shown on file explorer when USB plugged in and no light flickering on stick. No access to all my work!! Using Windows 10 at home. Can anyone please help...
  9. Memory stick has suddenly stopped working on all computers

Memory stick has suddenly stopped working on all computers: HELP! My memory stick has suddenly stopped working when plugged in to both my home and work computers. No drive being shown on file explorer when USB plugged in and no light flickering on stick. No access to all my work!! Using Windows 10 at home. Can anyone please help...
  10. USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?: Something has happened that seemingly only allows the the USB Mass Storage Device driver structure (?) to be used once per boot... I can use a single memory stick once - after that all storage devices (including the first if it's unplugged) will be detected ("Devices and...