Windows 10: Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC

Discus and support Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 16 GB USB stick that I use for music in my radio and car, and usually, I can plug it into my pc to add more music, but when I tried it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inti T, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Inti T Win User

Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC

Hi, I have a 16 GB USB stick that I use for music in my radio and car, and usually, I can plug it into my pc to add more music, but when I tried it today it didn't show up. It still works on the radio, but my PC does not recognise it. I tried all the USB ports of my PC and tried it with other USB sticks as well, but the audio USB stick is the only one that's not working...Can anyone help, please? Tnx!

:)

Inti T, Jul 10, 2023
  2. MoabUtah Win User

USB stick containing music ... file name anomaly

This is not a Windows 10 issue as such but happens with whatever OS I use.
    My OS is Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2

I use an USB stick in my car to hold all the music I'd like to listen to.

The USB is formatted as FAT32 as this is what the car dictates I must use [I have tried other formats, but they are unrecognised by the car].

Having an extensive collection of music I am quite fastidious about how the files are named and the tags they contain. Usually following the format Artist folder, Album folder, Track number and title; tags within each file are absolutely correct in every detail but something is amiss.

If albums are copied to the USB, I get the artist and album folders correct and also the tracks if I look on a PC. But in the car they appear in a very random order.

Artist folders are not alphabetically listed and withing the Album folders Instead of tracks being sequenced 01 to 12, I'll get 04-07, 01, 08-11, 02-03 or something similar. Very frustrating.

The only guaranteed way is to copy each track individually to its folder but this is rather time consuming if I copy many albums.

My memory suggests to me that this is a FAT32 'thing' and there may be a program that could be used to resort correctly.

So my question is can somebody throw up any help for me please?

MoabUtah, Jul 10, 2023
  3. Transfer music from CD to USB stick

Having purchased a new car which only plays music from a USB stick how do I transfer music from CD to a USB stick on Windows 10. I used to use media player but it no longer works on Windows 10

JohnMathias483, Jul 10, 2023
  4. jimbo45 Win User

music

Hi folks

just another suggestion -- easier too IMO

If your car has Blu tooth availability -- simply use and pair with the phone and play music from the phone. If Car doesn't have blu tooth then use a blu tooth receiver (very cheap) and plug into car's AUX --if your car has a USB input it certainly will have an AUX in. Don't connect by cable the phone's headphone socket to the AUX in as you don't want wires getting in the way of your driving.

Advantage also of using Blu tooth and phone is that you can also listen to Internet Radio as well even when no public Wifi on the road - 4/5G works brilliantly and Audio doesn't eat up much bandwidth.

Great Free app - Tunein -- absolutely zillions of Free Internet stations as well as national Radio plus local stations from almost every country in the world. Tunein works on Android -- probably iPhones too.

Great fun listening to say KUSC (L.A Southern California) while in a snow covered part of Iceland and hearing the announcer say "Todays high will be 98 Deg" --- in Real measurements around 30 deg !!).

For Windows tunein can be installed as an addon to VLC and it works --have fun with Free Internet Radio !!!

How to Listen to TuneIn Radio in VLC - Make Tech Easier

For ripping CD's if you must -- the old WINAMP is still brilliant -- and it tags the tracks automatically too - and you can rip to mp3.

Personally I wouldn't bother with USB sticks for in car music any more --phones have much better capacity, much greater flexibility and you don't (usually) lose them as small USB sticks. No worry about formatting problems or playback either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC - Similar Threads - Usb stick music

2. Hello! I need help! My usb stick that has 4 gb with music from mp3 file isnt working on car...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! I need help! My usb stick that has 4 gb with music from mp3 file isnt working on car...: Today I download music from youtube. I copylink the video music and I put to a website and make that to a MP3 FILE. Those file says is from Groove Music. I copy all of those music and put those in the usb stick that has 4gb. I taje the usb stick into the dad car but it doesnt...
  3. Hello! I need help! My usb stick that has 4 gb with music from mp3 file isnt working on car...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello! I need help! My usb stick that has 4 gb with music from mp3 file isnt working on car...: Today I download music from youtube. I copylink the video music and I put to a website and make that to a MP3 FILE. Those file says is from Groove Music. I copy all of those music and put those in the usb stick that has 4gb. I taje the usb stick into the dad car but it doesnt...
  4. Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC: Hi, I have a 16 GB USB stick that I use for music in my radio and car, and usually, I can plug it into my pc to add more music, but when I tried it today it didn't show up. It still works on the radio, but my PC does not recognise it. I tried all the USB ports of my PC and...
  5. Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb stick with music works on radio or in car but is not showing up on PC: Hi, I have a 16 GB USB stick that I use for music in my radio and car, and usually, I can plug it into my pc to add more music, but when I tried it today it didn't show up. It still works on the radio, but my PC does not recognise it. I tried all the USB ports of my PC and...
  6. USB stick not showing

USB stick not showing: I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-not-showing/f9e68365-a15d-4fe7-b5e8-9aebfdf3941b
  7. USB stick does not show up at all

USB stick does not show up at all: System Specs: Windows 10 home 64bit AMD 2600X ASUS B450-F 16GB 2x8gb 3200Mhz DDR4 ram Nvida EVGA 550 ti C Drive: Samsung 970 pro 500gb Now this is a really odd issue that im coming across. I know for a fact that all my USB ports are functional due to testing other...
  8. USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Sticks showing up as blank icons on Explorer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gollorium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e70w0v/usb_sticks_showing_up_as_blank_icons_on_explorer/
  9. Radio music on the speakers?

Radio music on the speakers?: When my speakers are turned off, even when I'm not online, I seem to be getting music coming from them. Am I picking up radio traffic, or is there something else going on? It goes away if I turn the speakers up a little. My computer is a desktop, currently using DSL instead...
  10. Radio music on the speakers?

in Windows 10 Support
    Radio music on the speakers?: When my speakers are turned off, even when I'm not online, I seem to be getting music coming from them. Am I picking up radio traffic, or is there something else going on? It goes away if I turn the speakers up a little. My computer is a desktop, currently using DSL instead...