Windows 10: USB Sticks causing random BSOD

Discus and support USB Sticks causing random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,So this has been an issue for a while now but just got worse. Basically, when I plug in USB drives it causes the blue screen of death. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GQC123, Sep 14, 2021.

1. GQC123 Win User

USB Sticks causing random BSOD

Hi,So this has been an issue for a while now but just got worse. Basically, when I plug in USB drives it causes the blue screen of death. This happens with several drives, but not all the time.Sometimes when you put it in the drive will work normally. The next time you use the same drive itll cause the BSOD.And other times the drive will be working and cause the BSOD later on. Right now I noticed that whenever I tried to format the drive it casues the BSOD, but I can use the drive normally. any ideas on how to fix this? I'm running Windows 10's latest update.Thanks

:)

GQC123, Sep 14, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Sep 14, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. USB Sticks causing random BSOD - Similar Threads - USB Sticks causing

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. usb stick abnormalities

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb stick abnormalities: I have 2 usb connected to pc.I checked and see both chdsks are ok.One 7gig FAT usb Active ,primary partitionSandisk 8 gig FAT usb primary partitionso my question is -why is the sandisk 8 gig -not Active ??? I tried changing the usbs in their socket- same reading just...
  4. USB stick infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB stick infected?: Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today. whats that? p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i...
  5. Random BSOD Caused by Cl.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random BSOD Caused by Cl.dll: Recently i've been getting random BSOD on my computer. I don't know what triggers it. Here's some picture that might help. [ATTACH] If anyone knows something about it please let me know. Thank you...
  6. Random BSODs with unknown cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  7. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  8. Random BSOD caused by external hard drive or USB

Random BSOD caused by external hard drive or USB: Hi Folks, I have a newly built computer with windows 10 installed, AMD Fx 8350, Asrock 970 pro3 motherboard,650 watt GPU, 7970 HD videocard, everything is plugged in properly, all drivers up to date, AMD Chipset drivers installed as well. I am expierencing 2 issues at the...
  9. BSOD caused by USB (?)

BSOD caused by USB (?): Hello all.Long Story Short:About 2 weeks ago lightning hit really close to my house, a spark went off in the PC and upon restart I found out that my Ethernet port and the network card weren't working anymore.So I bought a USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter to use my ethernet cable...
  10. USB memory stick random behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memory stick random behaviour: I've found windows 10 is a bit random with USB memory stick. Previously under win7, some memory sticks work on the USB3 ports, some didn't, generally most worked on the USB2. Win7 was consistent with the various memory stick, same stick worked or didn't work in the USB ports....