Windows 10: USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

Discus and support USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raymond Day, Jan 26, 2017.

1. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it.

Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key and nothing it just times out.

With a Windows 10 USB stick I made long ago I booted it and said run system restore on that hard drive. I pick one out of 2 restore dates but after a wile it says restore failed. I pick the other restore and same thing. It said something like turn off anti virus but there is no were to get in to my Windows 10 to do that.

Install a new load on a small hard drive I have. I can see the 2TB drive I had Windows 10 on now in the folder.

Is there any were to copy the USB drivers on the new load to the old load now? It be nice to have my Windows 10 back it was months setting it all up how I liked it.

I hope some one can help.

All seems good just no USB works.

O yes. I have a USB 3.0 card. When I plug that in USB did not work on it ether. I guess needs a drive and the BOIS don't see it maybe. But then the on board USB did not work ether in the BOIS to start it up with that card in. Not sure why. The card is still out of it right now with this new install on another HDD.

It only has USB to plug in a keyboard and mouse to do any thing. No PS2 ports.

-

:)

Raymond Day, Jan 26, 2017

2. why won't my pc with windows10 recognize my keyboard?

I have a gaming pc that I updated with windows 10. Keyboard and mouse worked fine. Then I dropped my mouse and it stopped working, so I bought a new one from Microsoft for windows 10. During the process of plugging in the usb mouse, I accidentally pulled
    the usb plug for my keyboard. Now neither mouse nor keyboard work. What are the steps to make windows 10 recognize these devises??

CheriBednarck, Jan 26, 2017
  3. LNKUD Win User
    windows 10 update - sculpt mouse keyboard combo not working

My Microsoft sculpt wireless mouse and keyboard was working great in Win 8.1. When I updated to Win 10 the mouse stopped working but he keyboard works fine.

I've uninstalled the device, restarted and reinstalled - I've tried updating drivers (has the latest) - I've even tried burning sage and holding my ear while standing on one foot- nothing has helped. The keyboard works fine, but eh mouse that shares its
    wireless USB connection does not.

I am now using my backup wired USB mouse. Please someone give me a fix!

LNKUD, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

Can you get into safe mode & run system restore from there?

Bastet, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

1. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now. - Similar Threads - USB stop working

2. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then: Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly become unresponsive but then work fine for ~15 seconds or more. Edit: the sound also begins to freeze/stutter when the mouse...
  3. moved my computer, now USB mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    moved my computer, now USB mouse and keyboard not working: Hello, I just moved my PC into a different room. When I plugged in the USB mouse and USB keyboard, I got a notification saying it was setting up the mouse/keyboard. A few seconds later, I get a message that the mouse/keyboard is now set up. But neither the mouse nor the...
  4. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.: submitted by /u/Darth_Adas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqi8l8/wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_stopped_working_on/
  5. USB mouse stopped working

USB mouse stopped working: Why has my usb mouse stopped working now that I have downloaded the latest update for windows 10? It is driving me insane. It works in chrome and when I move the list of emails received, but will not work inside the emails. I have tried all the suggestions going (including...
  6. USB keyboard stopped working

USB keyboard stopped working: Tried new Logitech K120 and wireless without success. USB Keyboard Properties displays the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The...
  7. USB Mouse | Stopped Working

USB Mouse | Stopped Working: Hi! My USB mouse was working perfectly all morning. Everything was fine up until I restarted my laptop. I've looked online and through posts on here and nothing seems to work. The USB mouse works with my other laptop that I rarely use, but it doesn't respond to my primary...
  8. USB keyboard stopping working

USB keyboard stopping working: Whenever I switch user, keyboard stops working. Upon logging into the second account, I can't type anything, anywhere. To switch back to my first account, I can't type in the login box, and need to use the virtual keyboard. I need to log out from both accounts to be able...
  9. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  10. USB mouse&keyboard not working

USB mouse&keyboard not working: Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't...