Windows 10: USB stops everything from running

Discus and support USB stops everything from running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, there's this one USB that stops everything from happening. It's inaccessible by any means. The antivirus can't access it, control panel can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BhaPra, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BhaPra Win User

USB stops everything from running

So, there's this one USB that stops everything from happening. It's inaccessible by any means. The antivirus can't access it, control panel can't access it, explorer can't access it. It detects the USB, but everytime I try to click it, the program stops working. In the antivirus example, it stops working immidiately since it tries to scan it for viruses.

I openend the explorer and it shows that the usb is connected, but clicking it results with explorer stopped responding. The same thing also happens when I tried using control panel; it detects the usb but when I click on it it stops working. When I try to wait for everything to solve themselves, the desktop vanishes, replaced by a blank theme color, but the task manager still works. When I pull the USB out, everything went back to normal.

Only one USB does this. I tried using another USB in the same port and it works just fine.

Anyone knows why this is? Thanks.

:)

BhaPra, Feb 14, 2019
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 14, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. USB stops everything from running - Similar Threads - USB stops everything

2. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  3. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  4. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. everything stops randomly

in Cortana
    everything stops randomly: Ever since I have had my computer, there has been this rare thing that happens. for example, if i open a tab in Firefox, it turns white, and my buttons stop working. I can't use cortana anymore because of that problem. but after a few restarts, it works again. I do have...
  6. Stopping an application from running on admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping an application from running on admin: When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help....
  7. How to stop dragging windows from minimizing everything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop dragging windows from minimizing everything?: Whenever I click the top of a window and drag it around, if I move the window around too much, every open window will minimize as if I clicked the show desktop thing at the bottom right. How do I turn this annoying feature off? submitted by /u/impurekitkat [link]...
  8. Everything Stops Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything Stops Responding: Two days ago my laptop stopped working. It was working perfectly the night before but now every application I use works for less than 5 minutes before it freezes and tells me it’s not resonding. I tried a few things to fix it before deciding to just put my important stuff on...
  9. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  10. stop Notepad from running at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    stop Notepad from running at startup: Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager and the Startup function in CCleaner. Does anyone have other fixes to suggest? I've attached screen capture to show my...