Windows 10: USB Storage 3.0

Discus and support USB Storage 3.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop cannot open my USB 3.0 storage device. When I insert it I get the message to please install device. I am a novice but I need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricChauvin, Sep 22, 2019.

1. USB Storage 3.0

My Windows 10 laptop cannot open my USB 3.0 storage device. When I insert it I get the message to please install device. I am a novice but I need help. This is the storage device for my home wifi security system which I am sure is being manipulated. How can I tell if it's is indeed being hacked? Can my pc open this device?

:)

EricChauvin, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Sep 22, 2019
  3. help with raid 0

in pre post hitting tab key

initializing usb done
    12280 mb ok
    usb devise 1 mouse
    Auto detect sata port 1 cd
    2 cd
    3 ocz vertex turbo 1.4
    smart capable & status ok
    4 wdc ----
    smart status ok
    6 wdc ---
    smart status ok

now I finish post and next see intel matrex storage:
    raid volumes

id name level stripe size status bootable
    ssd raid 0 stripe 128k 178.8 normal yes

port serial size type / status

2 ocz ---- 59.6gb member disk 0
    3 wdc ---- 931.5 gb member disk 0
    5 wdc --- 931.5gb member disk 0

Ok, my question is in first auto detect my ports are listed 3-4- and 6
    in the intel matrix storage ports are listed 2-3- and 5 ??? is this my problem and if so how did this happen .

Glazierman, Sep 22, 2019
  4. USB Storage 3.0

USB Mass Storage device is an older USB device and moight not work with USB 3.0

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Hardware and Devices

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Right click the USB Mass Storage Device in the list

Click Uninstall

Restart then check if its detected and working.

Other things you can try:

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

USB Storage 3.0

1. USB Storage 3.0 - Similar Threads - USB Storage

2. Bootable USB Mass storage device failed to work suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB Mass storage device failed to work suddenly: My usb drive failed to be recognized by my pc (windows 10) all of a sudden. I had converted my usb to a Bootable pen drive using a third party software which worked fine for the first time. Then on the next use the boot failed and the system rebooted to window and my pen...
  3. Using USB storage to update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using USB storage to update Windows 10: I do not have enough space on C drive to update windows 10. I have a USB storage device with ample free space which has worked in the past. This time I am unable to persuade windows to use it. What am I doing wrong? PS I am not a techy...
  4. Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download

Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download: Cant connect USB storage or SD cards since windows 10 insider download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-usb-storage-or-sd-cards-since-windows/89b941c5-b817-4113-946b-ca12a1253297
  5. USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual

USB 3.2 can only be used for data storage - mobo manual: I'm expecting a ROG STRIX X570-F tomorrow. I've just been looking through the manual and noticed this warning - USB 3.2 Gen2/Gen1 devices can only be used for data storage anyone know what this means ? I was planning on USB install. 137513
  6. Installed a Cruzer Glide USB storage device

Installed a Cruzer Glide USB storage device: I installed a Cruzer Glide USB storage device. When completed, it told me this device is working properly. I go to the explorer and find there is no mention of the drive installed. In the devises it said it is present; however there is no drive available. Please explain...
  7. Windows 10 update won't allow use of USB storage when disk space is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update won't allow use of USB storage when disk space is low: Hi I'm looking to upgrade a small laptop computer to the latest version of Windows 10. It's a portable device with only limited flash drive storage. I don't have enough storage to complete the update. I've seen it posted various times that if there isn't enough space...
  8. Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.: Hello everyone, I use Windows 10. I have an internal SSD drive that hosts Windows and all my apps. I have an external hard drive (USB 3.0 4TB). The external HD is not used by Windows or connected to it in any of the environmental parameters. If I unplug my external HD,...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update USB storage devices bug partially fixed: A bug in Windows 10 has been blocking users from upgrading to the May 2019 Update (versions 1903). The bug affects the PCs that have either a USB storage device or SD card connected when checking for updates or during the installation. This issue can be fixed quickly by...
  10. File Explorer, Storage, USB Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, Storage, USB Connection: Hello. Since a few days i've been transfering songs from my PC to my Android phone via USB. At the beginning everything was fine, but, when i tried to transfer a single file, it seemed to me that it wasn't copied. Since then...file explorer identifies only 394 songs out of...