Windows 10: USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune

Discus and support USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,We block storage USBs for students, but we would like to whitelist certain storage USB devices that are learning tools typically, IoT devices for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ariela_404, Jun 1, 2021.

1. USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune

Hi,We block storage USBs for students, but we would like to whitelist certain storage USB devices that are learning tools typically, IoT devices for coding classes. I want to whitelist individual storage devices. I cannot open up storage USBs to the group of technology students - from experience, they are more inclined to try use USB devices to circumvent school controls or introduce threats.Does anyone know how to whitelist certain storage USB devices with Intune effectively without blocking Beats Headphones and AirPods?Here's what I have done:Used the Administrative Template Policy in In

:)

Ariela_404, Jun 1, 2021

2. how to Block USB storage on Windows 10 Computers

Requirement :- Block All usb storage media and provide access to only company provided USB storage device(maximum of 10)

Preference :- Group policy ,Defender ,ATP

User count :- Apprx 30K

Antivirus :- Windows defender

Kindly suggest whether below task can be accomplished using group policy or any alternate way,if yes,please help me required steps

rahul1991ZC, Jun 1, 2021
  3. INTUNE -

Hi All,

We are moving towards the modern management and deploying apps via INTUNE and i have a request to create an Applocker policy to disable %SYSTEM32%\Windows\PowerShell\* for all users and exclude administrators.

Question is if i block powershell, will the powershell Win32 apps and script deployed via INTUNE will also be blocked ?

sathyaprakash24, Jun 1, 2021
  4. USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune

how to Block USB storage on Windows 10 Computers

Hi Andre,

Thanks for reply.

Requirement is to block all USB + Provide Exception for Few USB device.

Using above mentioned we can deny access to all USB stores and how will be exception part.

Also can you please help me with registry entries for (All Removable Storage Access: Deny All Access )

rahul1991ZC, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune

1. USB Storage Blocking with Exceptions via Intune - Similar Threads - USB Storage Blocking

2. Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune: I am trying to set HKU/default/control panel/keboard/initialkeyboardindicators via Intune. Cannot find a Policy CSP for a custom OMA-URI which is my preferred method. Would like to avoid a Powershell script.Any ideas or insights how I can most appropriately set this reg...
  3. Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune: I am trying to set HKU/default/control panel/keboard/initialkeyboardindicators via Intune. Cannot find a Policy CSP for a custom OMA-URI which is my preferred method. Would like to avoid a Powershell script.Any ideas or insights how I can most appropriately set this reg...
  4. Set initialkeyboardindicators via Intune

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to block USB Storage devices, but allow specific ones using Intune?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to block USB Storage devices, but allow specific ones using Intune?: Hi,I'm trying to create a configuration profile with Intune that blocks USB Storage devices, but will allow specific ones based on the Device ID number or serial number. I've tried a number of links including the one below with no luck and the profile I create just blocks all...
  6. How to block USB Storage devices, but allow specific ones using Intune?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block USB Storage devices, but allow specific ones using Intune?: Hi,I'm trying to create a configuration profile with Intune that blocks USB Storage devices, but will allow specific ones based on the Device ID number or serial number. I've tried a number of links including the one below with no luck and the profile I create just blocks all...
  7. How to block USB Storage devices, but allow specific ones using Intune?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Intune and USB-C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intune and USB-C: When we added a lot of Dell laptops to Intune, the dockings station using USB-C stops working on USB ports and RJ-45 The displayports all work. But not the USB ports and ethernet ports. We have allowed all USB connections and RJ-45.... so no settings disabling USB. Is...
  9. Block USB storage?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Block USB storage?: Hi, Is there any software that can help me block USB storage on PC but not the mouse and WiFi adapter connected? Also, is there a way that I can get notified in any ways when someone connects a pen drive or phone to the PC? 28003
  10. More storage - NAS or enclosure via USB

in Windows 10 Support
    More storage - NAS or enclosure via USB: Hi there I'm needing more HDD storage. Can't decide whether dedicated NAS storage -- expensive -- even 2 bay (empty no HDD supplied) costs around 150 - 200 USD or use a much cheaper external storage box with SATA/ USB3 connectors. I have 2 X spare USB3 connectors on...