Windows 10: USB storage drives

Discus and support USB storage drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, All of a sudden when I plug in an external HDD or a thumb drive, it does not register either on USB 2 or 3. They are all sizes ranging from 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham Laughlan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. USB storage drives

Hi,

All of a sudden when I plug in an external HDD or a thumb drive, it does not register either on USB 2 or 3. They are all sizes ranging from 16GB to 2TB.

Can anybody help please?

:)

Graham Laughlan, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

USB storage drives

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

USB storage drives

1. USB storage drives - Similar Threads - USB storage drives

2. One Drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive storage: Have windows 10. Can I buy more One Drive space without going to Windows 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/3afc2242-260a-4130-a338-2cb6a0f775e6"
  3. one drive storage

one drive storage: My name is Wei Jia Su. I am trying to delete a folder within a folder, but cannot. can you help me? email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-storage/498dd536-ccf2-44ab-b1a9-2d84a4301de5"
  4. Fake Storage Drives

Fake Storage Drives: [ATTACH] The local disks XYZ are not real disks but a duplicate of some folders from local disk C. How do i remove the local disks XYZ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-storage-drives/47c7ab6f-3117-4878-8f67-78d11bcbaaf6"
  5. usb storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb storage: usb storage drive shows as flash and doesn't show in MyPC. Running Admin show as disk with no media offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-storage/ed24efe8-eabd-4681-b760-a530e652d86c
  6. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"
  7. USB STORAGE DEVICE

USB STORAGE DEVICE: I've saved all my documents and pictures on my old computer onto a USB memory stick so I could transfer to my new computer, but the memory device isn't showing up when I plug into the new computer....
  8. Drive Storage Details

Drive Storage Details: Hi, I have 2 backup drives in my setup and everything is running as expected except for the 2 backup drives, which report different usage and free details. i.e. Drive D: Shows .97 TB free and Drive L shows 974 GB free (these are exact copies synced when data changes on...
  9. Block USB storage?

Block USB storage?: Hi, Is there any software that can help me block USB storage on PC but not the mouse and WiFi adapter connected? Also, is there a way that I can get notified in any ways when someone connects a pen drive or phone to the PC? 28003
  10. USB Storage Devices

USB Storage Devices: I've been using Win10 since the general release. This was an update install on a Win7 laptop. Apart from a few issues (waking from sleep on scheduled tasks, lack of control on updates) I have a problem with external devices. If I use several USB flash drives/harddrive I'm...