Windows 10: USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

Discus and support USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Horatio Ostanasia, Dec 4, 2022.

1. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed through the broken hinge. I disabled wireless and started using a USB tether with my Pixel 3. The system was fine and operated normally for months.This year I performed a clean installation of Windows in order to turn on virtualization extensions in UEFI and install virtualbox the only additional piece of software that wasn

:)

Horatio Ostanasia, Dec 4, 2022
  2. samerexe Win User

BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

Hello

I get a BSOD message

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

usb80236.sys

How can i fix it?

minidump can be found here

File folder on MEGA

samerexe, Dec 4, 2022
  3. AleBrun2 Win User
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

Hello

I get a BSOD message

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

usb80236.sys

How can i fix it?

minidump can be found here

Minidump.zip

AleBrun2, Dec 4, 2022
  4. bhartm Win User

USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

No improvements, it seems that USB tethering works with another older phone though.

For the Pixel 2 the issue persists. It gets registered as device

"Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device"

and uses the drivers:

"C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mdismp6.sys"

"C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\usb80236.sys"

shortly after, the blue screen happens.

I manually uninstalled the device from device manager but it did not solve the issue.

I just ran

verifier /standard /driver
    mdismp6.sys

verifier /standard /driver
    usb80236.sys

and rebooted after each but no issue with it.

Is there a way to reinstall these drivers? Where else can I look?

I have a feeling this is related to the Spectre/Meltown patch possibly?

bhartm, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

1. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS - Similar Threads - USB Tether BSOD

2. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys: Hi. I encountered a BSOD that said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sysCan anyone explain what is it about and how do i fix this problem if it keeps on showing ? 7: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys: Hi. I encountered a BSOD that said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sysCan anyone explain what is it about and how do i fix this problem if it keeps on showing ? 7: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  6. USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS

USB Tether BSOD due to USB80236.SYS: I have a third gen. Lenovo Carbon X1. Up until this summer, it was running with the original Windows 10 installation from when I purhased it 2015-2016 timeframe. Last year one of the hinges broke and the wireless signal strength degraded from a broken antenna wire routed...
  7. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys: HelloI get a BSOD messageDRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALusb80236.sysHow can i fix it?minidump can be found herehttps://mega.nz/folder/RApAiIzZ#70E_qPx6rCd4nYhUKXtg2g...
  8. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys: HelloI get a BSOD messageDRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALusb80236.sysHow can i fix it?minidump can be found herehttps://mega.nz/folder/RApAiIzZ#70E_qPx6rCd4nYhUKXtg2g...
  9. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usb80236.sys BSOD: minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RrOvLut2MR1ypu7QqXXLx84cQu7BBw1T/view?usp=sharing It can be noted that BSOD only happen on my system when streamlabs is launched, when I'm playing on my xbox series x controller wired, and using my phone with droidcam and sharing...