Windows 10: USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

Discus and support USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wicked828, Nov 24, 2019.

1. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access.

My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install x1909 which I rolled back to verify that isn't the issue and doesn't appear to be the issue. She just discovered it no longer works. It appears that when I tether, Windows turns off Wi-fi and won’t let them run simultaneously anymore. I’ve read through forums and no one seems to have an answer and hoping you guys have figured out a solution. I've rolled back every windows update that's been done since September when it was the last known verified working.

Thanks,

submitted by /u/Wicked828
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wicked828, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Nov 24, 2019
  3. JonathanC Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

I have tried reinstalling windows, no help at all and it didn't do this on windows 7.

I'm not sure if its on the compatibility list or not, i will have to check.

I'm not sure what that is, I will look in to it though. As for the AMD USB filter driver. I assume anything is possible.

JonathanC, Nov 24, 2019
  4. LarryWind Win User

USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray

no, the driver it's for windows 8 but it works, the only problem is can't connect/switch from tray list

LarryWind, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

1. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter - Similar Threads - USB tethering disables

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  4. Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet

Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet: Hello, I have a question. I have a PC connected via Wi-Fi to internet. On my desk I have a Samsung Galaxy s5e tablet, which I would like to have connected to internet. I know I can also connect it through Wi-Fi but I'm wondering whether it would be possible to connect it...
  5. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi adapter: My laptop won't connect to WiFi. I opened the 'Device Manager' and don't see my wifi adapter. Not when I 'scan for hardware changes' or when I 'show hidden devices'. It's no longer available. My wifi adapter is... Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter...
  6. Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations

Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations: Howdy Folks, *Smile I'm looking for Wi-Fi 802.11ac USB Adapter Recommendations for my Desktop PC. I have an internal 802.11n wireless network card (2006 era) that isn't giving me anything near the ethernet cable speed of 450 Mbps from the Xfinity router 2 rooms away. - After...
  7. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  8. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.: My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart...
  9. USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray

USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray: Latest driver installed, StarTech USB300WN2X2D, Mediatek/Ralink RT3572L ​ [img] 18087
  10. Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working: I've recently bought a nano usb wi-fi adapter and on it's packaging it says it's only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. Indeed its drivers don't work on Windows 10 9879, the device is recognized but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Any help will be greatly...