Windows 10: USB Tethering Driver Issues

Discus and support USB Tethering Driver Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I am currently doing online learning, and my internet is super slow, so the school sent us some Verizon Jetpack hotspots. The model I have is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dotrawrrr, Aug 28, 2020.

1. dotrawrrr Win User

USB Tethering Driver Issues

Hello

I am currently doing online learning, and my internet is super slow, so the school sent us some Verizon Jetpack hotspots. The model I have is the 8800L on an unlimited plan. I don't know the password to the device, as it's meant to auto-connect to my chromebook, but I wanted to use it for my pc, so I connected it via USB. At first it worked fine, it was having trouble identifying the device but it knew it was a WiFi device, and connected it as though it was ethernet. It worked really well for a couple days. One day, I unplugged it and connected it to another device for a while, and a couple hours later plugged it back into my pc. This didn't happen before, but it showed "Setting Up Device" in the bottom left corner, and then refused to connect. It works on other Windows 10 devices, but not mine. I checked device manager, and it showed the device as "Other Devices", and said "No drivers are installed for this device." Initially when it connects, I dont see this error, but thats before I select the "USB Tethering" option on the hotspot. Once I select that option, I hear a "usb disconnected" sound from my computer, and the driver shows an error and appears in "Other Devices". Please help if possible.

Specs:
    Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 3 1200

16GB RAM

AMD RX 560

Dell Inspiron 5675 Motherboard

Thanks!

:)

dotrawrrr, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

regarding usb tethering

Hi,

To assist you better with USB tethering concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you try another device to connect to your computer using USB tethering?
    • Are you able to view that your phone is connected on the Windows Explorer?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

We appreciate the detailed reply. To continue troubleshooting, let's reset your Internet connection settings and cache. To reset your Internet connection, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided by
    BenjaminRamsden in the following thread:
    USB tethering does not work on windows 10

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Kasser Win User

Kasser, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Tethering Driver Issues - Similar Threads - USB Tethering Driver

2. Bluetooth and USB tethering connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth and USB tethering connectivity issue: So I have a samsung galaxy A02 and a Dell laptop not sure if either detail is relevant and I'm trying to use my phones data to get the laptop online. I've tried both Bluetooth and USB tethering but keep getting same result. The laptop shows that it is connected and has...
  3. Bluetooth and USB tethering connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth and USB tethering connectivity issue: So I have a samsung galaxy A02 and a Dell laptop not sure if either detail is relevant and I'm trying to use my phones data to get the laptop online. I've tried both Bluetooth and USB tethering but keep getting same result. The laptop shows that it is connected and has...
  4. Bluetooth and USB tethering connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove NDIS USB tethering driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove NDIS USB tethering driver: I want to How remove NDIS USB tethering driver completely! but for some reason I cannot fully delete / uninstall the driver, as it keeps popping back up when I reconnect my phone. of course I restarted the computer - did nothing... what is the problem? no way to remove a...
  6. Android USB tether issue

Android USB tether issue: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, feel free to move I have an issue where my phone hangs Task manager and Network properties when on 'USB Tether' on Windows 10. if the phone connected to a PC and no tether via USB it works fine, but when I tether via USB...
  7. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...
  8. USB TETHERING

USB TETHERING: Hello, Usb tethering isn't working for me. i tried everything. Different usb cable, restarting pc and phone, updating pc and phone. I tried to go to device manager and fix it through there but i couldn't find Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Can anyone please...
  9. Android USB tethering issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android USB tethering issue: Hello, I have an issue with Android USB tethering on my Windows 10 laptop : despite the system detects the "NDIS" network device, ipconfig -all returns no value on default gateway. The most intriguing aspect of this issue is that it sometimes disappears, suggesting a cable...
  10. USB Tethering Driver.

USB Tethering Driver.: I need help with USB Tethering File Transfers from my LG LML212VL Rebel 4 Cell Phone to my Windows 10 Dell Laptop. Help! Looking for a Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering-driver/1e201c99-8f04-4e54-a8ba-c0dbdfa29291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb tethering driver for windows 10