Windows 10: USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10

Discus and support USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone help with this please? I followed the steps here to set up USB tethering of my iphone to my Win 10 laptop but it doesn't work:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jon P_841, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Jon P_841 Win User

USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10

Hi,

Can anyone help with this please?

I followed the steps here to set up USB tethering of my iphone to my Win 10 laptop but it doesn't work: https://www.howtogeek.com/213203/how-to-use-your-iphone%E2%80%99s-hotspot-or-a-usb-cable-for-tethering/

I have the latest version of iTunes installed on the laptop and my iphone appears as connected but it does not appear when I click 'Show available networks' in the network status window.

In my Device Manager, it also appears as 'Unknown device' under 'Other devices' (maybe this is the problem - if so, where do I find a suitable driver to update the missing driver?) and as Apple iPhone' under 'Portable Devices' . I can't see anything under the 'Network adapaters' category that suggests it is connected.

Many thanks

Jon

:)

Jon P_841, Mar 6, 2019

2. Win 10 iPhone 6 USB Tethering no longer works

Hi -

I've successfully upgraded the Asus T100TA to Windows 10.

I actually used my iPhone 6 tethered via USB to complete the downloads for the install process.

Post Windows 10 install, iPhone USB tethering no longer works.

WiFi tethering works fine. But WiFi tethering is much slower that USB tethering.

I've removed and reinstalled iTunes to no avail.

I tried resetting network settings on the phone - no joy.

I'd guess that this might be an iTunes issue, but at a minimum I wanted to put this out there.

- Mark

markaaldering, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Suriyana Win User
    Windows 10 and Iphone USB tethering

Thanks Wilfredo.

But the iphone is able to connect to Windows 10 laptop. The problem is I am not able to use USB tethering because under the network, the apple ethernet driver has an exclamation mark.

Suriyana, Mar 6, 2019
  4. USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10

tethering iphone 4s to desktop with USB cable and Windows 10 not connecting to internet

On Windows 7 I had no problem tethering my Iphone 4s to my desktop with USB cable. When I downloaded Windows 10 I was unable to use USB cable to tether. I don't have Wi-Fi. I am back to Windows 7 and that is how I'm able to send this. Any answers to this
    problem?

FredSpires, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10

1. USB tethering of iPhone 7 doesn't work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB tethering iPhone

2. My usb tethering doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb tethering doesn't work: I have tried many things including updating my network drivers, changing my driver to Remote NDIS based internet sharing, editing the registry, nothing seems to work pls help asap...
  3. My usb tethering doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My usb tethering doesn't work: I have tried many things including updating my network drivers, changing my driver to Remote NDIS based internet sharing, editing the registry, nothing seems to work pls help asap...
  4. My usb tethering doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iphone to windows usb tethering problem: I'm doing usb tethering from my iphone to my pc with windows, and everything works fine but if I start downloading some big file the connection disconnects, how can I do?...
  6. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

iphone to windows usb tethering problem: I'm doing usb tethering from my iphone to my pc with windows, and everything works fine but if I start downloading some big file the connection disconnects, how can I do?...
  7. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. usb tethering not working

usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. USB Tethering Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  10. USB Tethering via iPhone won’t work on win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Tethering via iPhone won’t work on win 10: Hotspot works via wifi but no via USB on win 10. On win 8, it worked fine. I’ve latest network drivers. Any ideas? submitted by /u/its-mystery [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8dxsc/usb_tethering_via_iphone_wont_work_on_win_10/