Windows 10: USB Tethering Still Not Working???

Discus and support USB Tethering Still Not Working??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so, the same as usual when it comes to my luck: I'm trying to tether my internet connection from my note 5 to my PC via USB, and it doesn't work. here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnonymoussChris, Feb 24, 2016.

1. USB Tethering Still Not Working???

so, the same as usual when it comes to my luck: I'm trying to tether my internet connection from my note 5 to my PC via USB, and it doesn't work. here are a few details that I can give you of what occurs when I try to do this:

I plug in my phone via usb, and it recognizes it off the bat.
    I go to my settings in android and enable usb tethering.
    windows makes the sound that happens when you disconnect a device, then proceeds to slow down. WAY down.
    I hover over the network icon in the system tray, and it just shows the line for loading or identifying.
    clicking on the icon or trying to open the network and sharing center while I'm in usb tether mode results in nothing.
    I did however manage to disable tethering, them open the network and sharing center, then enable my usb tethering. from there, it shows my device in the center, but says that it is disabled.
    I right click and select ENABLE, it says "ENABLING", then "ENABLED", but does not actually enable my device.

:)

AnonymoussChris, Feb 24, 2016

2. Lack of USB Tethering in Windows 8 phone

Yeah , have a wifi USB dongle but still if you want to tether then you can tether having USB bluetooth dongle.

Aditya X17, Feb 24, 2016
  3. I will buy the new N8!

USB tethering is supported by the N8 but it looks like wi-fi tethering will still require an app such as joikuspot. It's unknown at this stage if joikuspot will be part of the firmware, like it was on the N97 in some countries (the lite/premium trial version).

psychomania---01, Feb 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

USB Tethering Still Not Working???

Check with your cell provider to see if terhering is allowed with your package.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  5. ya know, ive never called to ask Verizon if its included in my package. but its worked before lol. I know that, when I turn it on, it syas "checking subscription status", then turn the ticker to "on"

AnonymoussChris, Feb 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    ATT takes tethering away, along with WiFI hotspot on their Unlimited Data plan that they rolled out again.

That is why I am thinking your provider may be doing the same.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Tethering Still Not Working???

1. USB Tethering Still Not Working??? - Similar Threads - USB Tethering Still

2. USB tethering not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering not working properly: I do have problem with USB tetheringWhen I connect my phoneios via cable its works fine for some time . To be more specific if am browsing or watching some videos there is no problem otherwise when am downloading file size more than around a 2-3GB the bandwidth will go down...
  3. USB tethering not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering not working properly: I do have problem with USB tetheringWhen I connect my phoneios via cable its works fine for some time . To be more specific if am browsing or watching some videos there is no problem otherwise when am downloading file size more than around a 2-3GB the bandwidth will go down...
  4. USB tethering not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usb tethering not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. usb tethering not working

usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. usb tethering not working

8. USB Tethering Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  9. USB Tethering Not Working

USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  10. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...