Windows 10: USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

Discus and support USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to connect my Android through a USB cable with the LAN line of my PC. I turn on tethering in my android but yet I can not connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenDimaki, Sep 19, 2019.

1. USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

I want to connect my Android through a USB cable with the LAN line of my PC. I turn on tethering in my android but yet I can not connect to the Internet. Could one help me troubleshoot my connection?

:)

HelenDimaki, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

We appreciate the detailed reply. To continue troubleshooting, let's reset your Internet connection settings and cache. To reset your Internet connection, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided by
    BenjaminRamsden in the following thread:
    USB tethering does not work on windows 10

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to connect android device to PC using tio micro USB cable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following information to help you further:

• What happens when you connect the Android device to the computer?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

In the meantime, I suggest you to try connecting the device to a different USB port and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps from Method 3 mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

Hi,

You might be experiencing this issue because your Surface is not getting the correct network configuration such as IP address from your phone. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue on your Surface? Are you able to tether your Android phone to other devices?
    • Do you receive any error messages when connecting to your phone? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter after connecting your Surface to your phone. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Here's how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

1. USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE - Similar Threads - USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT

2. Connected to USB tethering but connection is timed out in PC Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to USB tethering but connection is timed out in PC Games: I am using USB tethering on my phone and connected to the internet on my PC. The connection seems fine I can search up websites, but I cant connect to some PC games online they always state that the connection was timed out when getting in to the game....
  3. Connected to USB tethering but connection is timed out in PC Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to USB tethering but connection is timed out in PC Games: I am using USB tethering on my phone and connected to the internet on my PC. The connection seems fine I can search up websites, but I cant connect to some PC games online they always state that the connection was timed out when getting in to the game....
  4. Android USB tether issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android USB tether issue: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, feel free to move I have an issue where my phone hangs Task manager and Network properties when on 'USB Tether' on Windows 10. if the phone connected to a PC and no tether via USB it works fine, but when I tether via USB...
  5. USB tethering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering: How to get rid of auto-generated sequence number in network's device name in Windows 10 while USB tethering? My computer is showing Network 46 right now. Ask Question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering/8636e2fe-31ce-4fbe-8812-10e0f176a39e
  6. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...
  7. USB TETHERING

USB TETHERING: Hello, Usb tethering isn't working for me. i tried everything. Different usb cable, restarting pc and phone, updating pc and phone. I tried to go to device manager and fix it through there but i couldn't find Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Can anyone please...
  8. Android USB tethering issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android USB tethering issue: Hello, I have an issue with Android USB tethering on my Windows 10 laptop : despite the system detects the "NDIS" network device, ipconfig -all returns no value on default gateway. The most intriguing aspect of this issue is that it sometimes disappears, suggesting a cable...
  9. Usb Tethering

Usb Tethering: Something unusual is happening with me... i was unable to connect to a minecraft server due to slow internet connection but when i connect via usb Tethering it give me a boost enough to connect in that server or any else but the weird thing is that within 5-10 sec my...
  10. reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10

reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10: hello is there a way to share internet connection thru usb on android phone? i cant do wifi share, wifi isnt allowed in camp where i work. pleeease help me if you know how, i like playing my little game *Smile 15207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot usb tethering