Windows 10: USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

Discus and support USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebarunRoy1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\

Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected.

:)

DebarunRoy1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jul 18, 2019
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello ruthives,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Do you read any error message when you connect the device to the USB port?
    3. Are you facing this issue with any particular USB port or with all the USB ports?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Your device is kept up to date with the latest features by automatically installing the updates in Windows 10. To narrow down the issue, let's go ahead and follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select Update driver.
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager.
    • Reboot the PC and it will automatically pick for the latest drivers for your PC.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest USB drivers available for your PC build from the
    manufacturer's website and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

1. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation - Similar Threads - USB ethernet port

2. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  3. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  4. Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built in ethernet does not work, USB ethernet ports do.: I am trying to figure out what is going on with my ethernet ports. When there is nothing plugged in to my built in ethernet port, I get the message "unidentified network, no internet". If I plug an ethernet cable in to this port, it tells me there is no cable there and wont...
  5. Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers: My desktop is connected via Ethernet to my router and it shows up with my network name and as connected but it won't load any webpages or anything and if I do a Speedtest thru the Microsoft store app I get 0.03 mbps before going down to 0 and I only get 1.5 mbps on the...
  6. No USB ports working at all after driver change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No USB ports working at all after driver change!: So I was trying to set up my oculus rift s, and it said it can’t track the sensors. I looked up a solution and someone said to change the usb driver to something else. Basically it changed the USB3.0 eXtensible Host controller with a different one. I tried it, and when I...
  7. No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything: First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the situation. So about to 2 days ago I noticed all my USB ports don't work. I check my drivers and to my surprise they were...
  8. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  9. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers: I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is...
  10. Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation

Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation: Hi there! So I tried to update from Windows 8 to 10 last week. That didn't work for me, so I had to format everything and install Windows 10 afterwards. At first neither W-LAN nor LAN would work. Then I un- & reinstalled the W-LAN driver so now everything's fine except...