Windows 10: USB to HDMI adapter

Discus and support USB to HDMI adapter in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys, I need some kind adapter for using additional monitors on my laptop. I have found this Now, I'd like to understand how this is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Askic, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Askic Win User

USB to HDMI adapter

Hello guys, I need some kind adapter for using additional monitors on my laptop. I have found this

Now, I'd like to understand how this is really possible to transmit video (and audio data) using USB port. Does it have some addtional active logic, or it is using GPU on the motherboard?

I have only a mini display port on my laptop, but it seems that this is a very good solution, to use simple hdmi to usb adapter.
    I wonder how this works, and if this adapter is used, does it mean mini display port is not active? Does some special drivers need to be installed?

I have windows 10 Home edition.

Thank you!

:)

Askic, Feb 28, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

StarTech.com Announces USB-to-HDMI Adapter

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the USB to HDMI Adapter (USB2HDMI) - a convenient multi-monitor solution that enables users to connect an HDMI-capable display to a Windows or Mac-based laptop or desktop computer, through a USB 2.0 port.

The adapter is a cost-effective solution for adding a secondary monitor or several monitors (using multiple adapters), without having to update the computer video card, or even open the computer case. The adapter offers practical, scalable technology that could be utilized in many environments, including business and home applications. As a solution for enterprise or SOHO business users, the adapter makes it easy to add multi-monitor configurations for the sake of improved employee productivity, while home-users/end-users could benefit from the adapter’s use as a cost effective way to connect their home computer to an HDTV, for watching videos, viewing photos, or simply using the Internet.

USB to HDMI adapter 44a_thm.jpg

USB to HDMI adapter 44b_thm.jpg

USB to HDMI adapter 44c_thm.jpg

“We discovered that people were looking for an easier way to output video and audio from their non-HDMI enabled computers to an HDMI display” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “As is the case with many of our other USB adapters we offer, this adapter allows older computers to be used with today’s cutting-edge technology.”

The USB to HDMI Adapter offers the following features:
    • Support for 1080p display resolutions (1920 x 1080), 720p video playback recommended
    • USB-powered – the adapter draws power from the host USB connection, with no need for an additional power supply/adapter
    • Supports the Windows Aero interface in Windows Vista and Windows 7
    • Supports 2-channel (stereo) audio
    The USB to HDMI Adapter, is available from leading resellers including Misco, Insight and Amazon and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. MSRP for this product is £83.99 GBP exc. VAT. For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech.com Launches its USB 3.0 to HDMI and USB 3.0 to VGA Display Adapters

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter (SKU: USB32HDE) and USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter (SKU: USB32VGAE), which leverage the high-bandwidth (5 Gbps) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to deliver smooth, high resolution content to your HDMI/DVI-capable display (HDMI to DVI Adapter included), or VGA display, respectively.

The new USB 3.0 video adapters function as external graphics cards that can be used to extend a desktop to double your workspace for increased productivity, or mirror a primary desktop, showing the same image on each display.

USB to HDMI adapter 33a_thm.jpg

USB to HDMI adapter 33b_thm.jpg

“Our primary goal with the release of the USB 3.0 video adapters was to harness the high-speed capability offered by the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to support high display resolutions up to 1080p/1920x1200” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “The transfer speed capability of USB 3.0 ensures smoother imaging than USB 2.0 video adapters, with faster video playback, and more responsive performance from office or business applications, which presents creative ways to use a secondary monitor or multiple displays on a computer.”

Features and benefits of the new USB video adapters include:
    • Support for SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Interface host connections, backward compatible with USB 2.0 (performance limited to USB 2.0 speeds)
    • Support for display resolutions up to 1920x1080
    • Includes optional HDMI to DVI-D Adapter, for use as a USB 3.0 to DVI-D adapter (USB32HDE only)
    • Supports Mirrored, Extended or Primary display configurations
    • Driver software supports display rotation
    • Supports the Windows Aero interface
    • Supports 2-channel (Stereo) audio (USB32HDE only)
    • Supports the use of multiple USB 3.0 video adapters on a single system (up to 5)
    These new adapters are available from leading technology resellers including Insight, Dabs, Amazon and Box.co.uk and will also be distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Micro-P.

MSRP for the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter (USB32HDE) is £89.99 GBP in the United Kingdom.

MSRP for the USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter (USB32VGAE) is £91.99 GBP in the United Kingdom.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2021
  4. USB to HDMI adapter

Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

USB to HDMI adapter

1. USB to HDMI adapter - Similar Threads - USB HDMI adapter

2. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  3. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  4. Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 breaking USB C to HDMI adapter: Hi I've been using a USB C to HDMI adapter for years. After updating to Windows 11 this has stopped working. I cannot use my third monitor which is annoying as a developer. As a developer I have been on a bunch of forums tried updating and downloading and messing with my...
  5. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  6. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  7. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  9. MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter

MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter: I have just got a generic USB3-hdmi adapter , I have plugged it in and it is searching for a driver, which the device did not come with , Where can i down load one ? , I have no manufacturer name on the product or the packaging.Device manager recognises it but says there is...
  10. Device Type is Incorrect (On USB to HDMI Adapter)

Device Type is Incorrect (On USB to HDMI Adapter): I recently bought a USB to HDMI adapter due to my laptop lacking HDMI ports, it was fairly cheap so this may contribute, but when I plug it in, windows detects it as a USB Video Device or webcam. There's nothing on the monitor either. Is there any way to change the type of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msusb video driver usb to hdmi windows 10

2. msusb video driver