Windows 10: USB to Parallel IEEE 1284

Discus and support USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I did the update to Windows 10 last fall my USB to Parallel adapter stopped working. I do not find a driver in devices. How can I get a driver for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregLedenbach1, May 17, 2019.

1. USB to Parallel IEEE 1284

When I did the update to Windows 10 last fall my USB to Parallel adapter stopped working. I do not find a driver in devices. How can I get a driver for my system? I can't find one online. The the install program on the disk that came with my Shaxon USB to DB25 adapter will not run in Windows 10.

:)

GregLedenbach1, May 17, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 Update stopped IEEE-1284 (Parallel)-USB Adapter Cable Working

Hi,

Here's what I can suggest for you to have the IEEE-1284 uninstalled. Kindly follow the instructions below:

• Right click on Start Menu.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Find and select the IEEE-1284 (Parallel)-USB Adapter.
    • Right click the native driver adapter and select Uninstall.
    • Check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device".

USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 6ed540e8-e993-4d0b-a008-d8902f823d0b.png

This should help in removing the said driver.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update stopped IEEE-1284 (Parallel)-USB Adapter Cable Working

Windows 10 update stopped my Parallel (IEEE-1284)-USB adapter cable from working. I assume it’s the 1st September update as I got everything working again after the massive (and annoying) 1607 update.

After much searching I found that older IEEE-1284 cables often do not work with Win10 so I purchased a new one with Win10 drivers. Unfortunately, whenever I try to load the new cable/drivers, the old IEEE-1284 drivers automatically install as soon
    as I plug the cable in, regardless of the other driver installation.

I checked the box that says do not automatically download updates for drivers, but the ‘IEEE-1284 Controller (Unknown category)’ is already on my system and will not leave! Uninstalling or ‘Removing’ it just means it re-installs itself whenever I plug
    the cable in.

I do not want to roll back to pre-update Win10 as this will cause subsequent update problems – and it’s a rubbish, very temporary fix at best. The is no ‘update driver’ option available and ‘properties’ in ‘Devices and Printers’ only has two tabs,
    ‘General’ (with no options to do anything) and ‘Hardware’ (which only relates to the Brother printer driver and the MS ‘USB Printing Support’ driver (10.0.14393.0) – ‘usbprint.sys’ in ‘System32’ folder.)

Please help me remove this IEEE-1284 driver, or at least stop it from loading every time.

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, May 17, 2019
  4. USB to Parallel IEEE 1284

Windows 10 Update stopped IEEE-1284 (Parallel)-USB Adapter Cable Working

Thanks for the reply Andree. I wish MS would not issue updates that break stuff which worked perfectly well before! (Not your fault, I know, but I just needed a rant.)

Previously, in Device Manager, the IEEE driver appeared as a COM (LPT1). When I checked following your advice, it has changed to an Unknown Device: 'Brother HL-1230': this is actually the printer, which is also duplicated (correctly) under Printer Queues.
    I Uninstalled it, removed it, updated it and rebooted but it never worked; and as soon as I pluged/unpluged the cable, it reverted back to Unknown Device.

It is the 17th September today and the update which ruined the driver was downloaded on the 1st: 16 days of hassel, on and off! (Again, just a rant - apologies...)

I bought a new Ugreen IEEEE-1284 - USB cable from Amazon, with a new chipset & Prolific drivers, but, after the same initial problem, I got (two versions of) the driver loaded (one at a time) only to get a 'code 10' error both times. (Prolific help files
    say I've probably got a 'counterfeit' item...!?) Anyway, it doesn't work so I'm sending it back.

I've spent so many hours trying to sort this it has become a huge obsticle to just living life - unbelievable, but true - and not the first time... I'm very grateful for your help Andree - thank you. I am also so very angry with Microsoft for breaking a
    feature that's been working in Windows 10 for over a year and then, apparently, refusing to mend it. (Not blaming you Andree - just ranting again. And, after 16 days of research, I know I am not the only one with this precise IEEE-1284 problem.)

Anyway, since they have come down in price greatly over the last few years, I going to purchase a new USB printer: this is disgusting on so many levels, but we urgently need a printer.

Thanks anyway Andree - you're been a real gent.

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, May 17, 2019
Thema:

USB to Parallel IEEE 1284

1. USB to Parallel IEEE 1284 - Similar Threads - USB Parallel IEEE

2. IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?: Apropos of the issue at hand I described earlier I've been researching this for days on end, I came across this. It seems Gravostyle isn't the only OEM having issues either, GE is having issues as well....
  3. IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?: Apropos of the issue at hand I described earlier I've been researching this for days on end, I came across this. It seems Gravostyle isn't the only OEM having issues either, GE is having issues as well....
  4. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?: Okay,I don't know how many out in the industrial world are having this issue but Microsoft needs to rewrite back in its older version IEEE 1284 printer driver capability soon or Linux will be all over it! My IT guy wants to update our computers that control our heavy...
  5. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?: Okay,I don't know how many out in the industrial world are having this issue but Microsoft needs to rewrite back in its older version IEEE 1284 printer driver capability soon or Linux will be all over it! My IT guy wants to update our computers that control our heavy...
  6. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels: Bootcampwin10ParallelsWin10 ? ParallelsWin10BootcampWin10Win10ParallelsBootcampWin10? Win10Parallelsbootcampwin10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-%E5%B0%8E%E5%85%A5/3d161461-d3fe-4318-a531-de6c3af2cd5e
  8. HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10

HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10: I am having a problem getting my LaserJet 4 to print properly. This printer has been connected to the Manhattan IEEE-1284 parallel port USB to LPT since I had Windows 7 and worked great. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and it was still working perfectly after I made...
  9. USB port to Parallel cable not recognized

USB port to Parallel cable not recognized: My Epson printer had been working with an Epson Dot matrix printer using a Gagawire USP to Parallel cable but recent updates have cause this to not be recognized or a drive found. This is needed to print multipart invoices. I had been using with W10 and had not been having...
  10. Parallels

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Parallels: I've got a Core i7 Mac Mini, I installed Parallels on it and Windows 8.1 from Bootcamp. I installed Chrome on Parallels but would also like to try Windows 10 on it. Would that interfere with 8.1 or are they completely separate, does anyone know. I don't want to trash 8.1 if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. ieee 1284 controller driver

3. ieee-1284 unknown usb in my computer

4. ieee-1284 controller driver is unavailable,
  5. ieee-1284 controller driver,
  6. windows 10 usb parallel cable driver,
  7. ieee 1284 to usb driver windows 10,
  8. ieee 1284 usb win 10,
  9. ieee 1284 windows 10 not working,
  10. ieee-1284 controller not working after upgrading to windows 10