Windows 10: USB to RGB Monitor Adapter

Discus and support USB to RGB Monitor Adapter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A friend who thinks I know it all gave me a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 i3 Windows 8 laptop to see if I can get it to boot for her. So far, I've figured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wynona, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Wynona Win User

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter

A friend who thinks I know it all gave me a
    Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 i3 Windows 8 laptop to see if I can get it to boot for her.

So far, I've figured out that it's running, but no display.

I tried to hook my Samsung HDMI monitor to it, but no joy. I've looked at Amazon and ran across this:

Amazon.com: HDMI to VGA, Moread Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Adapter (Male to Female) for Computer, Desktop, Laptop, PC, Monitor, Projector, HDTV, Chromebook, Raspberry Pi, Roku, Xbox and More - Black: Computers Accessories

Is there a possibility I can hook my older RGB monitor to it and get a display?

:)

Wynona, Mar 7, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Startech Announces New USB to VGA and USB to DVI Adapters

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the (SKU: USB2VGAE3) USB to VGA Adapter and the (SKU: USB2DVIE3) USB to DVI Adapter which support high resolutions (1920x1200) and are optimized for web browsing and office application performance.

The new adapters have been added to StarTech.com’s extensive line of USB Video Adapters, which enable users to add dual display or multi-monitor capability to a desktop or laptop computer through USB, eliminating the need to open the computer case in order to install a secondary or specialized (multi-head) video card.

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter 42a_thm.jpg

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter 42b_thm.jpg

“The USB2VGAE3 and USB2DVIE3 are the newest USB 2.0 to VGA and USB to DVI adapters in the StarTech.com lineup” said John Mardinly, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “Our focus for these adapters was to provide USB video adapters that are capable of supporting high resolutions and deliver exceptional performance for web browsing and office applications. The new adapters are easy to install, and do not require users to take apart their system which could void the computer manufacturers’ warranties.”

Features and benefits of the new USB video adapters include:
    • Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
    • Suitable for both desktop and laptop computers (require USB connection)
    • Powered through host USB connection; no power adapter required
    • Small form factor design ensures maximum portability
    • Simple installation, making it easy to add secondary or multiple monitors to a computer system
    • USB2DVIE3 includes a DVI to VGA adapter, enabling use as either a USB to DVI or USB to VGA adapter
    The USB to VGA (USB2VGAE3) and USB to DVI (USB2DVIE3) video adapters are slated as eventual replacements for two of StarTech.com’s earlier releases from their lineup of USB Video adapters, the USB2VGA and USB2VGA2.

The USB2DVIE3 is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including ebuyer.com, Insight, Amazon, box.co.uk and Dabs.com and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. RRP for the USB to VGA Adapter is £69.99 and RRP for the USB to DVI Adapter is £71.99 the UK.

For more information, visit the product pages of USB2VGAE3 and USB2DVIE3.

btarunr, Mar 7, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Mar 7, 2019
  4. DoGoodMen Win User

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter

Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

USB to RGB Monitor Adapter [​IMG]