Windows 10: Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

Discus and support Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flak05, Aug 2, 2021.

1. flak05 Win User

Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have checked disk management and there is no extra drive. Is there a driver I have to download in order for my computer to recognize it at all.

:)

flak05, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Internal USB to SATA adaptor

Has anyone ever seen an adaptor that can be connected to a motherboard's USB header to support a SATA hard drive?

Long story short I'm out of SATA ports. I was thinking of maybe modding something like this.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-SATA-Ad...044?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0e6a5cdc

I could unsolder the USB port and solder on a 6" or so cable with a 4-pin connector to fit the mobo. It would be easier to just buy one if I knew where to find things like that.

Lazzer408, Aug 2, 2021
  3. t_ski Win User
    Sunbeam SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter

Sunbeam has come out with a nice tool that solves the mystery of how to handle multiple formats of hard drives. The SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter can use 2.5" and 3.5" SATA and IDE drives and easily converts them to a USB 2.0 interface. Its compact size, flexibility and low price make it a nice addition to a tool bag or work bench.

Show full review

t_ski, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update

I use a RCW-608 Rosewill Sata or IDE to USB 2.0 adapter that's been working with either Sata or IDE drives under W10 1703. I also have several 2.5" Usb 2.0 enclosures that use the "Y" cable and have IDE drives inside of them that work flawlessly. Maybe you do have a problem with those cables.

Note that these units were plugged into USB 3.0 ports only.

storageman, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

1. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows - Similar Threads - Usb Sata Ide

2. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  3. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  4. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  5. SATA cables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SATA cables: I just got my new SSD and i dont have a spare SATA cable. I dont live near a best buy or tech shop and ordering online would be a last resort. Im wondering if it is ok to borrow the SATA that connects my cd drive to my motherboard....
  6. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected SATA with IDE Settings: I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3) BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID. In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA. In AHCI there are again the same options...
  7. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...
  8. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...
  9. IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update

IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update: I have an R-Driver III USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Cable (Comes with an AC adapter) and a SODIAL USB 3.0 to SATA III Cable (USB power only). I have tried to format 2 IDE drives on the 2.0 cable and one drive on the 3.0 cable. Using the 2.0 cable I have incessant disconnecting and...
  10. Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.: It has its own power supply, and I've tried the front and back USB ports on my tower. The lights are all on, and I can hear the hard drive itself running, and yet the computer doesn't detect it in any way. The hard drive is a 250GB Maxtor IDE HDD. I've tried these jumper...