Windows 10: USB to UART driver problem

Discus and support USB to UART driver problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alex mckeeman, Jan 14, 2023.

1. USB to UART driver problem

USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now.

:)

alex mckeeman, Jan 14, 2023
  2. MustBob Win User

USB to UART driver problem

Since upgrading to Win 10 from Win7 I can no longer us a Data Acquisition device that uses a USB to UART controller. Nothing has changed hardware wise. Ran fine before the upgrade and still runs fine on my desktop running Win 7. I have already sent an email
    to the vendor. Doubtful I will get a reply as they are a small company in Japan.

I have tried installing generic Windows USB to UART drivers re-installed the vendors driver, run the program in Win 7 compatibility mode. Device Manager says everything with the COM port is running fine. Still get an error when initiating the device.

I just looked at the Driver File Versions in Device Manager and both the usbser.sys and serenum.sys are different different than on my Win 7 machine. Pretty sure this is the problem. So how can I revert to the older file version? Or does someone have another
    suggestion?

MustBob, Jan 14, 2023
  3. MustBob Win User

1. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Model no. PSK1EC 03E00Q

2. The Data logger is very primitive. All I get is "Error" when I try to log. The USB - UART chip is a Alcor Micro AU9720.

3. There have been no hardware changes on either end since Win10 was installed.

Turns out I figured out the problem and a fix. The issue is with the usbser.sys driver. The file version is different than what is on Win 7. So I copied the file from Win 7, changed permissions to allow unsigned drivers, and copied the file into Windows/system32/drivers
    directory and presto it is working again. So something has changed in the new Win10 file version.

I'll check out the other suggestions too.

MustBob, Jan 14, 2023
  4. USB to UART driver problem

usb to uart bridge controller driver cp2102,

need a usb to uart bridge controller driver cp2102, says it's not installed for garmin gps device

philmoore3, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

1. USB to UART driver problem - Similar Threads - USB UART driver

2. Why windows 11 don not support USB to UART Drivers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 11 don not support USB to UART Drivers ?: This is terrible . I can't work on my ESP 32 project just because Windows 11 can't recognize the drivers. I tried reinstalling the CP2102 drivers several times yet it shows code 10. I bought another ESP 32 thinking it might be the boards issue. But still it doesn't work. Hate...
  3. Why windows 11 don not support USB to UART Drivers ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows 11 don not support USB to UART Drivers ?: This is terrible . I can't work on my ESP 32 project just because Windows 11 can't recognize the drivers. I tried reinstalling the CP2102 drivers several times yet it shows code 10. I bought another ESP 32 thinking it might be the boards issue. But still it doesn't work. Hate...
  4. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  5. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  6. USB to UART driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to UART driver problem: USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-uart-driver-problem/628035f4-47b3-4736-873a-e7d5773fc494
  7. Windows 10 compatibility with CP210X USB to UART bridge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 compatibility with CP210X USB to UART bridge: Hello, I've been having an issue where my installed driver from icom isn't showing up in the device manager. The device should be recognized within the "Ports COM and LPT " tab but nothing is showing up. I've spend around 3 hours finding the issue to no avail. I also looked...
  8. FT230X USB-UART Driver issue

FT230X USB-UART Driver issue: I went to update a device Palette 2 I have, but windows could not find a driver for it. It was requiring FT230X USB to UART driver to carry out update. After some searching, I found this... There is an .exe from the https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm site. Use the...
  9. FTDI 232 UART USB Device

FTDI 232 UART USB Device: Windows 10 I am a new Ham Radio operator and bought a dual band radio. It came with a USB dongle to install a driver and to use with software to download frequencies into my radio. I plugged the dongle in and it said it had installed and was ready. I am using Chirp...
  10. USB driver problem

USB driver problem: I have now iterated through several builds of Windows 10, but this problem has not gone away. When I boot up (or reboot), two USB devices do not work. They complain that there is a problem with the driver. When I update the driver (using Device Manager) to the very same...