Windows 10: USB transfer problems

Discus and support USB transfer problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having USB upload problems. I I transfer 5GB of photos to any thumb drive it takes 12-20 min to transfer to the USB but if I transfer FROM the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertFinestone, Apr 12, 2019.

1. USB transfer problems

I'm having USB upload problems. I I transfer 5GB of photos to any thumb drive it takes 12-20 min to transfer to the USB but if I transfer FROM the USB to anywhere else it takes 6 Seconds. I've updated USB drivers and all ports on my system but no luck still slow as hell!! Any suggestions

Windows 10

:)

RobertFinestone, Apr 12, 2019

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 12, 2019
  3. jooi312 Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

im having the same problem as well, gone through all the steps listed but still no luck unfortunately.
    If anyone finds a solution please post it up USB transfer problems :)

jooi312, Apr 12, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

USB transfer problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

USB transfer problems

1. USB transfer problems - Similar Threads - USB transfer problems

2. usb transfer is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb transfer is very slow: File transfer from my Dell Precision to a the USB is fast, then it slow dramatically down and stops after 10 seconds. I have updated the drive and it is working property.Dell has not been helpfull becuase it is just out of the warrentee....
  3. Transfer to USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer to USB: I copied a video from a Flash drive to my PC. It was 36GB, the flash drive is 60GB. After the transfer I formatted the flash drive and tried to transfer it back but it is not working. When I check the size of the video on the PC it is still 36 GB, and the free space on the...
  4. Transfer to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer to USB: I copied a video from a Flash drive to my PC. It was 36GB, the flash drive is 60GB. After the transfer I formatted the flash drive and tried to transfer it back but it is not working. When I check the size of the video on the PC it is still 36 GB, and the free space on the...
  5. Transfer to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB file transfer error ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB file transfer error ?: I was copying some data to a USB flash drive and the copy did not complete.I pulled out the USB flash drive but now I keep getting this error message.How can I fix this ?...
  7. Transfering data to my USB has a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering data to my USB has a problem: Guys, got a very weird problem. Searched on the internet if there were any similar problems but none. Problem: when transfering data from my pc to my usb it often goes from 99% back to 50% or lower. Is my USB broken? I tried with different torrents and they all receive the...
  8. Windows10 USB Transfer mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 USB Transfer mode: Will USB communication in Windows 10 be done in Bulk mode? I'm in the process of selecting a PC and would like to know how to transfer Windows 10 to other devices for USB communication. There are four transfer methods for USB communication, Control, Interrupt, Bulk, and...
  9. USB Transfer Cable

USB Transfer Cable: I am trying to us a USB transfer cable to pull files from my Windows 7 computer to my Windows 10 computer. No dice with Easy Suite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-transfer-cable/f4ab9e35-efe1-4b11-a6dc-4e60ba1e0741
  10. Slow USB Transfer rate

Slow USB Transfer rate: My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that...