Windows 10: USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

Discus and support USB TV tuner inhibits sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boardlord, Mar 29, 2021.

1. boardlord Win User

USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine.
    However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in like milliseconds). I pulled out the tuner and sleep was fine. Plugged into the other rear USB slot, no sleep again.
    Plugged into the front USB slot, and it sleeps fine... What gives?
    Tried reinstalling the drivers, no dice. Also tried disabling USB selective suspend (and looking at the USB Root hubs in Device Manager, the option for them to be able to wake up the computer is greyed out). I haven't changed any settings, no Windows updates, no new drivers for other devices... What would you suggest I do? Don't want to have it plugged into the lone front USB slot...
    This is an Asus PN50 NUC-like pc, with Windows 10 20H2, with latest patches and drivers.
    Thanks!

:)

boardlord, Mar 29, 2021

2. Tv tuner not working after upgrade to 10

After migrating to windows 10, I am unable to use my external tv tuner box (connected through USB). Earlier I was using Windows 7 Home Basic and this device was working very well.

Details of external TV tuner box.

Tech-Com - USB 2.0 laptop TV tuner. It includes a port for cable, MMI, USB and line out (a/v) ports.

I am unable to locate the correct driver for this device for Windows 10.

All suggestions and help very much appreciated as I miss watching/listening to audio while working in the desktop.

With best regards.

G.Vedantham.

External TV tuner box (USB)- Original Title.

Gvedantham, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Elgato tv tuner

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to check with the Elgato TV tuner for more information.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Arul_D, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep - Similar Threads - USB tuner inhibits

2. Hardware Certification for a driver of TV Tuner card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Certification for a driver of TV Tuner card: Hi All,Hoping you are having a great day.Recently, I bought this TV tuner card that came with a driver by the way I reside in the Philippines, and it is exactly the same card down to the last chip and capacitors based on the picturePCI-E Internal TV Tuner FM Tuner MPEG Video...
  3. Anyone have problems with this kind of TV tuner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone have problems with this kind of TV tuner?: The PCI version of this card works with Windows 10. I am not certain with this one as I have tried everything from disabling device signature to secure boot but still no luck....
  4. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    USB TV tuner inhibits sleep: Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine. However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in...
  5. TV tuner Aver TD310 - black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV tuner Aver TD310 - black screen: Hello, since I've purchased this USB TV tuner Aver TD310 more than a year ago, I wasn't able to make it work properly. When I turn on my PC and run AverTV application, mostly it shows just a black window, with EPG information in top right corner. Surprisingly the EPG shows...
  6. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking: When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep. I assume these devices must be sending...
  7. USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking

in Windows 10 Support
    USB devices inhibiting sleep and display blanking: When my gaming peripherals (Thrustmaster steering wheel, pedals, shifter) are plugged into the USB ports, my PC will never go into power-saving mode when left idle. Won't blank the screen or go into screen saver, and won't go to sleep. I assume these devices must be sending...
  8. tv tuner card not showing up

tv tuner card not showing up: My tv tuner card not showing up at all in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-tuner-card-not-showing-up/2df2dba1-e855-4005-8c3d-657c564ddcac
  9. TV Tuner PCI Card USB ATSC no longer working

TV Tuner PCI Card USB ATSC no longer working: I've looked high and low for weeks now to get this solved once and for all. I have a Asus PS3-110-NAQ Hybrid, and a Microtune ATSC/NTSC capture USB device. Both worked just fine up until recently. I use two DVR programs, Blaze HDTV v6.0 and SichboPVR - not at the same...
  10. BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner: Hi All I am not 100% sure it is the USB Tuner, but this is what it is looking like to me, so hope someone can look at these logs and confirm I have been having the BSOD every day for the last 4 days now and that is the only thing I can see that changes The tuner is...