Windows 10: USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

Discus and support USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DigitalPixel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to the port but the cable is only 12" so I purchased a USB 3.1 Type -C male to female extension cable. But Windows gives me a USB Device Not Recognized when I connect it through the extension cable. So I purchased another cable from a different manufacturer and its the same thing. Is there a specific cable that needs to be used for a hub?

There error in device manager goes like this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

:)

DigitalPixel, Mar 15, 2019
  2. lZKoce Win User

On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Sup all ? I hope I find you well and kicking. *Smile USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable :)

I am on the hunt for a usb HUB, as I did a mediocre choice with my MB. On the back I/O, there is 2xUSB2.0 and 2xUSB 3.0 and 1xUSB Type C. I have exhausted everything apart from Type C. Internal headers are also full. OK I have on usb 3.0 header, but I need an adapter or splitter for it.

Anyhow, ideally I want it to charge devices. I still don't own a type C device. USB 3.0 is fine, may be one type C. Something that lasts, won't break in 3 months or so. Can include a card reader or vice versa. Shops I have access apart from local, anything in UK or ebay/banggood/aliexpress, Denmark is also fine. Anyone has experience with USB hubs? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of ?

lZKoce, Mar 15, 2019
  3. On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Type-C is faster than Type-A/B because it has a third high-speed datalink. Thing is, there really isn't much in the way of good Type-C hubs.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 15, 2019
  4. lZKoce Win User

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

lZKoce, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

1. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable - Similar Threads - USB Type Hub

2. The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on...: Hello! I want to listen music from my notebook over usbc-3.5mm cable to 3.5mm headphones. And i've tried to connect two cables (one from Huawei and one from China`s noname) to my ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10 and no one are working. No devices in Device Manager, no...
  3. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  4. USB-C type headphones not working

USB-C type headphones not working: These headphones came with the Huawei P20 phone and work fine but, when I connect it via USB-C in my laptop (the port works too) it doesn't do anything. The audio keeps playing fine on the speakers, but when I open the sound configuration menu, both, the input and output...
  5. USB type c hub not working properly

USB type c hub not working properly: Hello all, I recently purchased a type C hub with 3 type a ports. My aim was to plug my wireless mouse and keyboard into the hub to free up some usb ports on my laptop. The laptop is an Asus ROG GL502. However, I found that if I plugged in my mouse and keyboard, they...
  6. Type-C Hub not working

Type-C Hub not working: I have a Type-C USB hub that works properly on my desktop computer; however, when connected to my laptop, it does not show up at all. There is not an error notification or anything....
  7. USB C-TYPE adapter

USB C-TYPE adapter: HI! I have my laptop Dell XPS 13 9350 and I use to connect to a external monitor with a adapter USB C-TYPE to VGA and use to work with no problems. And since I reboot to factory reset now my adapter USB C-TYPE to VGA can't even detect at all... I been trying to find answers...
  8. Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please

Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please: Hi Recently purchased new rig, not enough USB ports. Got the Asus PRIME x299a so thinking of using the USB C port into a multi USB3 hub. Windows10x64 Any recommendations from personal use etc much appreciated (UK/Europe based please). Sorry as an edit. Will use a...
  9. usb 2.0 extension cable length

usb 2.0 extension cable length: I need to extend my usb cable and I can get 15 foot extension cables. What will happen when I plug my usb device that has its own 5 foot cable into the 15 foot cable? Will it fail? USB is limited to 5 meters? I have 3 usb devices. GPS, Keyboard, Mouse to plug in. Each...
  10. USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter.

USB 3.0 hub not working with USB C to USB 3.0 adapter.: I got an Aukey USB 3.0 hub model CB-C35. It has four USB 3.0 Type A ports and plugs into USB C. It also has a VGA port but I don't care about that. It's plugged into a Renesas USB 3.0 controller PCI\VEN_1912&DEV_0014&SUBSYS_00151912&REV_03 It shows up in Windows 10 x64...