Windows 10: USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

Discus and support USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DigitalPixel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to the port but the cable is only 12" so I purchased a USB 3.1 Type -C male to female extension cable. But Windows gives me a USB Device Not Recognized when I connect it through the extension cable. So I purchased another cable from a different manufacturer and its the same thing. Is there a specific cable that needs to be used for a hub?

There error in device manager goes like this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

:)

DigitalPixel, Mar 15, 2019
  2. lZKoce Win User

On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Sup all ? I hope I find you well and kicking. *Smile USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable :)

I am on the hunt for a usb HUB, as I did a mediocre choice with my MB. On the back I/O, there is 2xUSB2.0 and 2xUSB 3.0 and 1xUSB Type C. I have exhausted everything apart from Type C. Internal headers are also full. OK I have on usb 3.0 header, but I need an adapter or splitter for it.

Anyhow, ideally I want it to charge devices. I still don't own a type C device. USB 3.0 is fine, may be one type C. Something that lasts, won't break in 3 months or so. Can include a card reader or vice versa. Shops I have access apart from local, anything in UK or ebay/banggood/aliexpress, Denmark is also fine. Anyone has experience with USB hubs? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of ?

lZKoce, Mar 15, 2019
  3. On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Type-C is faster than Type-A/B because it has a third high-speed datalink. Thing is, there really isn't much in the way of good Type-C hubs.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 15, 2019
  4. lZKoce Win User

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

lZKoce, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

1. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable - Similar Threads - USB Type Hub

2. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  3. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  4. how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display: I am on windows 11, I use a Lenovo laptop and a Dell monitor, my monitor has a USB hub on it, so I have a type c cable running from my monitor to my laptop, but the problem is my laptop has a dedicated GPU that is only accessible through the HDMI port and type c only uses the...
  5. how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use a usb c cable as only a usb hub and not display: I am on windows 11, I use a Lenovo laptop and a Dell monitor, my monitor has a USB hub on it, so I have a type c cable running from my monitor to my laptop, but the problem is my laptop has a dedicated GPU that is only accessible through the HDMI port and type c only uses the...
  6. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  7. usb extension cable

usb extension cable: My computer doesn't recognize the extension cable I'm trying to use to connect the PC to my embroidery machine. What shuld I do?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-extension-cable/0520a70d-799a-4722-b217-a0859b57d754
  8. USB hub not working with active extension cable

USB hub not working with active extension cable: I have a Sabrent 10-Port 60W USB 3.0 Hub that is in my basement and I ran a MutecPower 16 Feet Active USB Extension Cable 3.0 Male to Female with A Extension chipset Signal Booster to the room above where the hub sits. The output on the hub is a usb type b and on the other...
  9. USB type c hub not working properly

USB type c hub not working properly: Hello all, I recently purchased a type C hub with 3 type a ports. My aim was to plug my wireless mouse and keyboard into the hub to free up some usb ports on my laptop. The laptop is an Asus ROG GL502. However, I found that if I plugged in my mouse and keyboard, they...
  10. Type-C Hub not working

Type-C Hub not working: I have a Type-C USB hub that works properly on my desktop computer; however, when connected to my laptop, it does not show up at all. There is not an error notification or anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb c extension cable that works with hub