Windows 10: USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

Discus and support USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyler, May 7, 2022.

1. Tyler Win User

USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried to close it with Task Manager with no luck, I tried to sign out of the computer so it would close all apps and waited two minutes also with no luck, I restarted and it took a concerning amount of time to boot into Windows. Normally it takes roughly 5 seconds for the motherboard splash screen to go to windows' one and it took about 30 this time. I can no longer view the contents of the drive and it doesn't appear in File Explorer, it does howeve

:)

Tyler, May 7, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2022
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, May 7, 2022
  4. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, May 7, 2022
Thema:

USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

1. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file. - Similar Threads - USB Unrecognised zipping

2. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.: As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried to close it with Task Manager with no luck, I tried to sign out of the computer so it would close all apps and waited two...
  3. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.: As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried to close it with Task Manager with no luck, I tried to sign out of the computer so it would close all apps and waited two...
  4. zip files

zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  5. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  6. Usb unrecognised successfully solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb unrecognised successfully solved: Not a question just a thank you to Casimira2016 for suggesting downloading Eassos Recovery Free, free data recovery software. Great success! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-unrecognised-successfully-solved/fa2d783a-2154-4fda-a3ce-7da6d24a8624
  7. Usb unrecognised succesfully solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb unrecognised succesfully solved: Not a question just a thank you to Casimira2016 for suggesting downloading Eassos Recovery Free, free data recovery software. Great success! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-unrecognised-succesfully-solved/fa2d783a-2154-4fda-a3ce-7da6d24a8624
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. zip file

zip file: Trying to open photos in zip file, I keep getting the message "it looks like file was moved or renamed". I have seen that I should right-click on file and choose "extract" from menu, but I don't see that in menu....
  10. zip file

zip file: how do I open a zip file that has been saved in notepad to actual text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/zip-file/ea1a4518-73ad-4975-8639-d9bbe2b4f5e7