Windows 10: USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7

Discus and support USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Apologies upfront if my information is too sparse but will do my best to capture all relevant information. I have recently purchased the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tarveren, Apr 30, 2019.

1. tarveren Win User

USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7

Hi all,

Apologies upfront if my information is too sparse but will do my best to capture all relevant information.

I have recently purchased the following laptop:

HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0162tx
    Intel® Core™ i7+ 8750H
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti
    Windows 10 Home

Currently I am experiencing video capture issues across both the integrated webcam, a logitech camera and microsoft lifecam.

I can capture from these devices using the proprietary software and some other programs (Debut, Bandicam), but two main work related programs (Labchart and Ethovision) both cannot find video frames from any of these devices despite giving me access to the cameras themselves. As per the attached screenshot, the program can find the Logitech Webcam, but the preview shows parts of the screen instead of the video footage.

Now, I have the exact versions of both of these applications running on a Windows 7 machine using the exact same hardware devices, so my inference is that this is a Windows 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, as well as hardware drivers and software several times to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

tarveren, Apr 30, 2019

2. W7 to W10 Update Failure

Contacted MS via chat on 2016-08-02 and agent was courteous, and stated that I should have been able to update from W7 to W10 given my issues.

In any case, tried to Remote Desktop with agent, but was unable to do so. Got download link from agent for USB W10 update and...

. Failed 2x to update from W7 to W10 (after apparent W10 update, PC rebooted and reverted back to W7...) using USB thumb drive.

. Decided to do clean install to W10 directly (loosing my W7 setups - no matter for this PC, and I had image backup...) and this time it did work (need to input your License Key Number in order to complete the update)....

Apparently my W7/PC combination was not able to be updated (why? don't know) but it did work doing a clean W10 from USB.

RafaelZorrilla, Apr 30, 2019
  3. W7 or W10

Hi everyone,

I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags
    in games and in other type of usage. Now I would like to get back to W7 my pc. How can I do it? Obviously I am over the 10 days since upgrade. I, also, do not want to lose my works, software. Any suggestion? Should I buy a new HDD with W7?

LaszloChromicsek, Apr 30, 2019
  4. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7 - Similar Threads - USB Video Capture

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's: I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to...
  5. Video capturing with usb capture device

in Windows 10 Support
    Video capturing with usb capture device: Hi me again once again I find myself struggling. A few years ago I did some video capture with a PCI card and phono to VHS player which worked fine. Some time back I bought an Easycap usb device as card was in an earlier PC and has gone, I have to confess I cant remember if...
  6. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  7. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs: I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 & 8 computers from the W10 one, but the W10 files cannot be accessed by the others, although all PCs show up on the network on...
  10. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...