Windows 10: USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off

Discus and support USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using my USB Video Device Camera on my Inspiron 5758, Manufacturer Microsoft, Driver date 6/21/2006. Whenever my camera is on for Zoom, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew752, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Andrew752 Win User

USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off

I have been using my USB Video Device Camera on my Inspiron 5758, Manufacturer Microsoft, Driver date 6/21/2006. Whenever my camera is on for Zoom, for example, my camera would look like this:

USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off b3d7b933-bde1-45b1-a61e-035c7ce5386a?upload=true.jpg

I tried to update my driver, only for it to say that it's already updated. Is there a way to solve this color problem?

:)

Andrew752, Mar 27, 2020

2. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To change the camera in Skype application from built in to USB follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open Skype application by searching it on the search bar on taskbar.
    2. Now click ellipses next to your name on the top left corner.
    3. Now click on Settings and select
      Audio and Video settings.
    4. Under Camera select the
      USB camera from the drop down list.

If you are using Skype for Business then you can refer the article

Set Video Device options in Skype for Business

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Bmantx Win User
    USB Camera not showing up in Imaging Devices

I'd like to use a USB 3.0 video camera with some video editing software. The camera is plugged in and works when I open the camera's software

But it won't work with any other software, and when I go to my Device Manager it's not listed under my Imaging Devices (it's there, under the camera's brand name)

Any ideas how to get the computer to recognize it as a camera/imaging device?

Bmantx, Mar 27, 2020
  4. USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off

Camera not working windows 10

OK I had zero support from microsoft but I figured out by myself.

For you with the same problem, below the steps to solve it:

• Right-click the Start button and choose "Device Manager"
    • Expand the Imaging Devices list
    • Right-click on your camera
    • Choose "Update Driver Software"
    • Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    • Select "USB Video Device"
    • Click Next and let Windows do its thing.
    Camera is now working guys!

Andrea Lavezzoli, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off

1. USB Video Device Camera working, but colors are off - Similar Threads - USB Video Device

2. HP Envy usb video device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy usb video device not working: HP Envy usb video device not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-usb-video-device-not-working/368c988b-af8e-47c6-aaa2-1fff53df5b44
  3. HP Envy usb video device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy usb video device not working: HP Envy usb video device not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-usb-video-device-not-working/368c988b-af8e-47c6-aaa2-1fff53df5b44
  4. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  5. video camera stopped working

video camera stopped working: The video camera app on my laptop Windows 10 doesn't record video anymore. It works with photos but only "records" video files of 0 bytes. What can I do? It worked for several years before without a glitch....
  6. video camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  7. video camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video camera not working: video camera not working checked has current device driver. Do not know what else to chack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-camera-not-working/7c54ad4f-6505-401c-8f0f-4ef3b5756b89
  8. Camera and video not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera and video not working: Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x80270200 I've checked every setting a million times but to no avail. Yet, mysteriously and...
  9. Camera and video not working

Camera and video not working: I am a student and now that my university has all online classes , we are using Zoom to hold virtual classes which started today. I can see everyone and hear them. They can all hear me ,but not see me. Zoom says that they cannot detect a camera. I've look and I don't have a...
  10. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype: how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? ***Original title: How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?***...