Windows 10: USB Video Grabber Not Working

Discus and support USB Video Grabber Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber which used to work on my computers. I recently (about three/four months ago) transferred an old VHS to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt316, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Matt316 Win User

USB Video Grabber Not Working

Hi,

I have a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber which used to work on my computers. I recently (about three/four months ago) transferred an old VHS to my desktop computer using it. I now cannot get it to work on either computer (although the I only used it on the laptop several years ago). Since the recent transfer, I have updated Win10 to the latest 2004, so I was wondering if this was the issue. However, the laptop is still on 1909. I have reinstalled the drivers, but that does not seem to have any effect. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector v14 (v10 on the laptop) to transfer, but the grabber has stopped showing up in the listing. I understand that it is possible that the grabber has stopped working, but I don't want to purchase a new one just to find that it's a simple switch that I need to change. I have tried various adjustments in the privacy settings, but to no avail.

Any ideas? If not and I have to get a new one (preferably relatively cheaply) has anyone got any suggestions?

Matt

:)

Matt316, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Matt316 Win User

Hi,

I have a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber which used to work on my computers. I recently (about three/four months ago) transferred an old VHS to my desktop computer using it. I now cannot get it to work on either computer (although the I only used it on the laptop several years ago). Since the recent transfer, I have updated Win10 to the latest 2004, so I was wondering if this was the issue. However, the laptop is still on 1909. I have reinstalled the drivers, but that does not seem to have any effect. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector v14 (v10 on the laptop) to transfer, but the grabber has stopped showing up in the listing. I understand that it is possible that the grabber has stopped working, but I don't want to purchase a new one just to find that it's a simple switch that I need to change. I have tried various adjustments in the privacy settings, but to no avail.

Any ideas? If not and I have to get a new one (preferably relatively cheaply) has anyone got any suggestions?

Matt

Matt316, Oct 2, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

While it is stated here to be compatible with Win 10, this is not its official site, so can't be taken for granted:
    SILVERCREST USB VIDEO GRABBER DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS

One problem is that Win 10 is a moving target.

It seems to be an old device: history back to 2010
    Silvercrest Usb 2.0 Video Grabber Vg 2010 - Download Drivers

You could try installing the driver in compatibility mode, noting this from the leaflet:

USB Video Grabber Not Working [​IMG]

Worst case: use a virtual machine, running an older version of Windows. E.g. Virtualbox.

dalchina, Oct 2, 2020
  4. doobydoo Win User

Windows 10 1803 Conexant Video Grabber not working but works in 1709

My Conexant USB Video Grabber works in 1709 build, however, when updated to 1803 it does not function.
    Does anyone know a possible work around for this issue ?

doobydoo, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Video Grabber Not Working - Similar Threads - USB Video Grabber

2. konig cmp-usbvg6 video grabber and windows 11 driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    konig cmp-usbvg6 video grabber and windows 11 driver: I have an Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber product. How can I use it on Windows 11 operating system? How can I get a driver for this Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber? How can I get a software to use this Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber?...
  3. konig cmp-usbvg6 video grabber and windows 11 driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    konig cmp-usbvg6 video grabber and windows 11 driver: I have an Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber product. How can I use it on Windows 11 operating system? How can I get a driver for this Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber? How can I get a software to use this Konig Electronics cmp-usbvg6 video grabber?...
  4. Edit Videos on USB stick dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Videos on USB stick dont work: Hi i bought a SanDisk 3.2Gen1 USB stick to store video clips on it, i always edit cut the important part out of the 5min clip them after with just Microsoft Photos so i just play the Video and click on "cut" in the lower right corner. It always worked fine but after i bought...
  5. Edit Videos on USB stick dont work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit Videos on USB stick dont work: Hi i bought a SanDisk 3.2Gen1 USB stick to store video clips on it, i always edit cut the important part out of the 5min clip them after with just Microsoft Photos so i just play the Video and click on "cut" in the lower right corner. It always worked fine but after i bought...
  6. USB Video Grabber Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Video Grabber Not Working: Hi, I have a SilverCrest USB Video Grabber which used to work on my computers. I recently (about three/four months ago) transferred an old VHS to my desktop computer using it. I now cannot get it to work on either computer (although the I only used it on the laptop several...
  7. HELP NEEDED -- Something blocking access to my EasyCAP video grabber

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP NEEDED -- Something blocking access to my EasyCAP video grabber: Hello, I have anvideo grabber device, based on EasyCAP 2.0 that I need to use for a scientific application (to capture video from a CCD camera coupled to a stereomicroscope). I am running Windows 10 Enterprise. The driver has been installed successfully, so that the device...
  8. Something blocking access to my EasyCAP video grabber

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something blocking access to my EasyCAP video grabber: Hello, I have anvideo grabber device, based on EasyCAP 2.0 that I need to use for a scientific application (to capture video from a CCD camera coupled to a stereomicroscope). I am running Windows 10 Enterprise. The driver has been installed successfully, so that the device...
  9. running a Digitech video grabber on windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    running a Digitech video grabber on windows 10 64bit: I am trying to record video and audio from a VHS tape on a VCR machine using a digitech video grabber. I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 64BIT, the computer reads the grabber as an audio device only. The graphics card is a GeForce GT 360, running Direct x 12, is this a problem? The...
  10. Windows 10 1803 Conexant Video Grabber not working but works in 1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1803 Conexant Video Grabber not working but works in 1709: My Conexant Video Grabber works in 1709 build, however, when updated to 1803 it does not function. Does anyone know a possible work around for this issue ? 114800

Users found this page by searching for:

1. silvercrest usb video grabber vg 2000 driver windows 10

2. Silver rest grabber device not detected

3. driver for silvercrest video grabber