Windows 10: USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available

Discus and support USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a German Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2 Build 19042.906. In Windows 10 I also have a VM in Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OLLI_S Insider, Apr 8, 2021.

1. USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available

Hello,

I have a German Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2 Build 19042.906.

In Windows 10 I also have a VM in Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 21H1 Build 19043.906.

The VM is installed several months ago and working just great!

Next week I have a Zoom meeting and for security reasons I have Zoom just installed in my VM.

In my VM I can get my headset and microphone working, but not my USB webcam Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920.

In Hyper-V I have the Enhanced Session Mode enabled like described here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ces-on-hyper-v-virtual-machine-with-vmconnect

But in the window "Local Ressorces" I don't see any of my USB devices:

USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available df26a8cb-1a57-4d9a-80d3-d1f32f60e279?upload=true.png

Normally my USB devices should be listed there also the Webcam.

But here only "Devices that are connected later on" are available.

I really don't understand, what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your help!

OLLI

:)

OLLI_S Insider, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Rollo1002 Win User

Hyper-V not available.

In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up.

Rollo1002, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 8, 2021
  4. jbl1985 Win User

USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available

Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available

1. USB-Webcam in Hyper-V not available - Similar Threads - USB Webcam Hyper

2. Hyper-V not available.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V not available.: In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-available/8aaaa3f9-7e4d-4960-ba9e-e6889b219f19
  3. Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available: The security of Microsoft’s cloud services is a top priority for us. One of the technologies that is central to cloud security is Microsoft Hyper-V which we use to isolate tenants from one another in the cloud. Given the importance of this technology, Microsoft has made and...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Hyper V not available in "Windows Features"

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper V not available in "Windows Features": [img] Hi, I got the new Win10 Update from my former Win7. Now I want to activate Hyper-V to use Windows XP for the old game "Risk II". Unfortunately, the system doesn't show me the option "hyper-V" in the list where you can turn windows features on or off. What...
  6. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  9. Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client

Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client: Hi guys, I am trying to connect a printer... and for the life of me can not get this to work, new to vm's and trying to get old tech to get along and play nice with some new tech at work. I have a win 10 pro running a hyper-v client of win XP SP3 and trying to connect a usb...
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...