Windows 10: USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

Discus and support USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; bought an HD Webcam for Vlogging. It has a special webcam feature that was working fine along with another USB webcam. Once I added a usb hub, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarrylVidal, Aug 23, 2020.

1. USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

bought an HD Webcam for Vlogging.

It has a special webcam feature that was working fine along with another USB webcam.

Once I added a usb hub, the computer started recognizing the device as a mass storage device.

I believe the webcam display also changed so that it looks like its displaying a memory card instead of a camera.

don't know how to toggle this setting.

:)

DarrylVidal, Aug 23, 2020

2. USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Samsung Focus Recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

Hello Giraffy,

First I would try to reinstall the Zune Software on your PC - if this does not help I am afraid that I have to suggest removing the SD card and reset the device to factory defaults and check if the device would be recognized properly. Using non–Windows
    Phone 7 Compliant SD Card in your device is not supported scenario and it might be the cause of your issue.

Please see more details about Windows Phone 7 Secure Digital Card Limitations here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2450831/en-us

When you connect Windows Phone 7 to your computer it should be listed as a Windows Phone USB Device in Device Manager. USB mass storage is not supported scenario on WP7 and the phone cannot be accessed through Windows Explorer. I know that there are
    registry hack to enable the USB mass storage, but again you will get into the unsupported scenario again.

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

1. USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device - Similar Threads - USB Webcam recognized

2. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  3. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  5. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  6. USB mass storage

7. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  8. USB Mass Storage Device problem

USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  9. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  10. USB mass storage device problem

USB mass storage device problem: I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle. When I first turn the...