Windows 10: USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

Discus and support USB Webcam not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamMalfese, May 17, 2020.

1. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function."
    The driver software is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693. Attempted "Update Drivers" and received the message "The best drivers for your device have already been installed". The Webcam manual says it should work with Microsoft camera drivers.

:)

WilliamMalfese, May 17, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 17, 2020
  4. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, May 17, 2020
Thema:

USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

1. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Webcam working

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not working in Windows 10: I am using Lenovo T2224zd monitor with an inclusive webcam. I am unable to access Camera in Windows settings. I get a message 'We can't find your camera and then Error Code 0xA00F4244<No camera are attached. I have tried for 5 days trying to find a solution but to no avail....
  3. USB Webcam not working

USB Webcam not working: I was gonna attend my online class and plugged in my USB Webcam. When I plugged in my Webcam, It doesn't work. When I opened my Device Manager, I saw that my Webcam USB Driver isn't showing up. Can you please help me solve this problem?...
  4. USB Webcam not working

USB Webcam not working: Hi, I have a ASUS GL503VM with an integrated webcam but have recently purchased a new one for increased video quality. However, it does not appear to work. The computer reads, shows it installed and says it is ready to work, but the screen is black when in use. Here is...
  5. USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work

USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work: Hey guys, I've had a Sandberg webcam 1080P HD 133-96 for a couple of months now and have always had some issues with it, but most of the times plugging it out and in seemed to fix any issues I've had. However lately the webcam has stopped working properly - it only works...
  6. usb webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam: how to change USB webcam to front facing image, how can I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam/2a91ecdf-440c-41c6-83dd-9a947e72c630
  7. Webcam Not Working in Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam Not Working in Window 10: Hello, I am facing the subject issue since, I install windows 10 after windows 7 uninstall that my Webcam not working. Please suggest fixing the issue at earliest Thanks in advance, Mark...
  8. USB connected webcam not working

USB connected webcam not working: Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have...
  9. USB Webcam

USB Webcam: I have a cheap PIAEK and it worked fine until a few days ago. It works but it restarts every few minutes. This happens in all USB ports so I know it is not a port problem. I checked to see if the driver needed to be updated but it was current. If my driver is corrupt, where...
  10. Webcam not working in Windows 10

Webcam not working in Windows 10: I`ve got a Microsoft LifeCam HD3000. It worked perfectly in windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Got it to work now with the camera in windows 10 but with very low resolution. Get mess that the driver for it is not compattable with windows 10....