Windows 10: USB Webcam not working

Discus and support USB Webcam not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a ASUS GL503VM with an integrated webcam but have recently purchased a new one for increased video quality. However, it does not appear to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KieranTingle, Oct 4, 2020.

1. USB Webcam not working

Hi, I have a ASUS GL503VM with an integrated webcam but have recently purchased a new one for increased video quality. However, it does not appear to work. The computer reads, shows it installed and says it is ready to work, but the screen is black when in use.

Here is what the events say:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device USB\VID_1B3F&PID_1167&MI_00\6&2fef8b07&0&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_00\6&363ef544&0&0000

Class Guid: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}

Location Path: PCIROOT0#PCI1400#USBROOT0#USB4#USBMI0

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0023

Present: false

Device USB\VID_1B3F&PID_1167&MI_00\6&2fef8b07&0&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: usbvideo.inf

Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: USBVideo.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF2002

Matching Device Id: USB\Class_0e

Outranked Drivers:

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\VID_1B3F&PID_1167\5&30c338ee&0&4

Device USB\VID_1B3F&PID_1167&MI_00\6&2fef8b07&0&0000 was started.

Driver Name: usbvideo.inf
    Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}
    Service: usbvideo
    Lower Filters: WdmCompanionFilter
    Upper Filters:

The webcam is "Plug and Play" and shouldn't need drivers. Still, I have checked my drivers are up to date, reinstalled and uninstalled USB and webcam drivers, updated my bios and watched all the videos on youtube and google tutorials. Any helps or tips would be much appreciated. If you need any more information just ask

:)

KieranTingle, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 4, 2020
  4. USB Webcam not working

Usb Webcam help

so i got this cheap USB webcam A4Tech PK-810G which is driver free.(plug and play) to use with FB video call or somethin like that. *Roll :roll:

I tried to plug it in. Windows 7 64 bit tried to install it,

Installing device driver software...
    driver software was not successfully installed.*Mad USB Webcam not working :mad:

and it appeared on the device manager but without the proper icons and with a yellow triangle on it.

I tried it on my brothers' PCs(same OS) and it worked without any issues at all.

can anyone help me? what may be the problem here?, and oh, my usb ports work. I am using USB mouse, USB gamepad, USB Apple Charger, USB Bluetooth. only the webcam doesnt work, I tried unplugging all other USB device and just the webcam, still didn't work.

I think it might be an OS related problem.

help plsssss and I dont wanna reinstall OS just for a webcam, I searched google for hours but i cant find a solution *Bang Head :banghead:

lyndonguitar, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

USB Webcam not working

1. USB Webcam not working - Similar Threads - USB Webcam working

2. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.: Dear Microsoft Team,My computer system or driver doesn't work once used USB webcam.could you please fix or give any information solution answer for those matters.Thanks for your kindly assistance and appreciate that.Best Regards,Benny Pardede...
  3. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.: Dear Microsoft Team,My computer system or driver doesn't work once used USB webcam.could you please fix or give any information solution answer for those matters.Thanks for your kindly assistance and appreciate that.Best Regards,Benny Pardede...
  4. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Webcam not working: I was gonna attend my online class and plugged in my USB Webcam. When I plugged in my Webcam, It doesn't work. When I opened my Device Manager, I saw that my Webcam USB Driver isn't showing up. Can you please help me solve this problem?...
  6. usb webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam: how to change USB webcam to front facing image, how can I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam/2a91ecdf-440c-41c6-83dd-9a947e72c630
  7. USB webcam not recognised

USB webcam not recognised: Hi, I recently purchased a new USB webcam but when I plugged it in to my laptop it tried to install it then a message popped up saying the device could not be recognised. I have tried plugging it into the two other USB ports on my laptop and back in the first one, and I...
  8. USB connected webcam not working

USB connected webcam not working: Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have...
  9. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

USB Webcam not working on Windows 10: The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." The driver software is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693. Attempted "Update...
  10. USB Webcam

USB Webcam: I have a cheap PIAEK and it worked fine until a few days ago. It works but it restarts every few minutes. This happens in all USB ports so I know it is not a port problem. I checked to see if the driver needed to be updated but it was current. If my driver is corrupt, where...