Windows 10: usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows

Discus and support usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used my "expensive" usb stick it was 60 dollars way back when I bought it but it's now like 20, and I used this usb stick to put windows 10 on my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by plopflop467890, May 7, 2020.

1. usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows

I used my "expensive" usb stick it was 60 dollars way back when I bought it but it's now like 20, and I used this usb stick to put windows 10 on my new ssd, and now that I want to use the usb again, it is saying that it only has 32gb on it. I tried formatting the usb, multiple times, with no success. is there any way that I can get back my 98gb that I "lost" after installing windows?

:)

plopflop467890, May 7, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 7, 2020
  4. usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows

Windows 10 upgrade on Surface 3 converted my 128GB Micro SD card into 32GB FAT32 drive

I had a 128GB micro SD card in my Surface 3 for all of my music, videos and photos. When I upgraded to Windows 10, it reformatted the drive to FAT32, so not only did I loose my files but the drive capacity now shows only 32GB. The drive is now labeled
    "ESD-USB" an appears to have installation media for Windows installed. What happened here? How can I get it back to the full 128GB capacity?

PatrickAshton, May 7, 2020
Thema:

usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows

1. usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows - Similar Threads - usb went 128gb

2. After installing windows from USB can't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing windows from USB can't boot: Just installed windows on my aorus z790ax with a Samsung SSD 980 nvme 3.0 at 3.0 4x and can't boot after installing windows. I can see the drive on the drive list in the bios but can't see it in the boot list I only have windows boot manager and my usb drive....
  3. 32GB Installed 16GB Usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32GB Installed 16GB Usable: One month ago I upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram. But since then it has said 32GB Installed memory 16GB usable and the other 16GB is in the hardware reserved.The motherboard does support 32GB ram and so does the processor. But I have tried these steps and still doesn't...
  4. 128gb Flash drive now reads 32gb in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    128gb Flash drive now reads 32gb in W11: I had same problem with a Datatraveler 100 G3, the solution as follows:Go to system/ storage/ disk and volumethere look for your stick drive, you'll notice It has more than a volumen within it. One FAt32 and other "not Assingned"Expand properties in the assigned volume and...
  5. 128gb Flash drive now reads 32gb in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    128gb Flash drive now reads 32gb in W11: I had same problem with a Datatraveler 100 G3, the solution as follows:Go to system/ storage/ disk and volumethere look for your stick drive, you'll notice It has more than a volumen within it. One FAt32 and other "not Assingned"Expand properties in the assigned volume and...
  6. 128GB-Pendrive's capacity fixed to 32GB after using it to install windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    128GB-Pendrive's capacity fixed to 32GB after using it to install windows.: I used my 128GB pen to install Windows 10 on a different PC using Microsoft's tool to create Windows 10's installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO. After I was done with it I was going to format it back to its original state when I was surprised that in the format...
  7. Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD: [ATTACH] Hello all, my old SSD started failing so I replaced it with new SDD. While still using Windows on old SSD I prepared the new SSD with Windows Media Creation tool. Then I swapped the SSDs in the laptop and booted, installed Windows 10 on this new SSD...all is good...
  8. Windows went crazy after fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows went crazy after fresh install: This morning I did fresh install of windows 10 home. It looked perfectly normal after the install. I did NOT want to mess with it right then so I shut it down. Later I rebooted my PC and low behold something was crazy. Since I can not take a screenshot here is what I see by...
  9. 128gb or 256gb flash drive formatted to 32GB on Windows machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    128gb or 256gb flash drive formatted to 32GB on Windows machine: I have read several responses to individuals having issue with Windows formatting their 128gb, 256gb, etc. flash drive to 32gb. Most of them dated back to 2013. After reading through literally 100's of answers, there is only ONE solution that I have found to work, and work...
  10. Why a 32GB USB Drive for Recovery?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why a 32GB USB Drive for Recovery?: I have upgraded a Win 7 and a Win 8 computers to Win 10. On the Win 7 I used an 8 GB USB Drive for Recovery and it did not use all of the space. On the Win 8 computer I'm getting a message that I need a 32 GB drive. I understand that it may also be backing up my Win 8...