Windows 10: USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

Discus and support USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mayori_fujino, Feb 14, 2022.

1. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I click the shortcut it opens into the drive like it use to - but saving files to it doesn't always work.After a google it comes up as shortcut virus so I ran the commands:attrib -r -a -s -h /s /ddel /f /s /q *.infMKDIR autorun.inf\Kill........\attrib +r +a +s +h *.inf /s /dfrom: Fix Folders Turned into Shortcuts Without Losing Data - EaseUSthis helped me access my files fine by giving the folder back so no data is being lost when the computer mak

:)

mayori_fujino, Feb 14, 2022

2. USB drive does not show files

When I plugged my usb on my pc it was showing empty while, when I checked the properties of the usb it was showing full.

When I again plugged the same usb on my friend's pc, there it was showing removable disk shortcut and inside the shortcut all my files were stored. Then again when I plugged the same usb on my pc it was showing same i.e, empty.

I have many important files inside the drive, so please someone help me to recover my files without getting loss.

PrakashChamuah, Feb 14, 2022
  3. USB shortcut

Hi David,

There are two types of shortcut virus: Flash Drive Shortcut virus and
    Folder Shortcut virus. These two could make your USB drive or file folders become shortcuts which can cause the USB inaccessible with shortcut formats.

We'd like to know if there are missing files in your USB folders. If so, we suggest scanning your PC using antivirus program and see if it is infected by viruses.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 14, 2022
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

1. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb - Similar Threads - USB plugged show

2. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb: Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I click the shortcut it opens into the drive like it use to - but saving files to it doesn't always work.After a google it...
  3. USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB when plugged in show a shortcut to the files on the usb: Hi, for my collage work I use USBs to move files --- I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH WIN 8 AND 10One day I put the usb into my laptop this happened.when I click the shortcut it opens into the drive like it use to - but saving files to it doesn't always work.After a google it...
  4. Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.: I have a Brand New Dell Vostro 3510 which I've set up using Windows 11. When my headset or even the internet cable is connected to my computer, it somehow malfunctions the applications that are opened. The applications begin to freeze Would someone know the solution to this?...
  5. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  6. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  7. USB showing as multiple drives when plugged in (details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB showing as multiple drives when plugged in (details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nawker119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7x7qr/usb_showing_as_multiple_drives_when_plugged_in/
  8. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB restarts when headphones are plugged in: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  9. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  10. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys: Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes. I've tried...