Windows 10: USB wifi device not starting on bootup

Discus and support USB wifi device not starting on bootup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Linksys WUSB300N does not start when the computer boots. I have to disconnect then reconnect the usb for it to start up. I've tried a new driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hkancyr, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hkancyr Win User

USB wifi device not starting on bootup

My Linksys WUSB300N does not start when the computer boots. I have to disconnect then reconnect the usb for it to start up. I've tried a new driver.

:)

hkancyr, Aug 1, 2015

2. USB sound card goes on/off/on/off during Windows 10 boot up

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, there is no "power management" tab when I click on "USB Audio Device" in Device Manager. I did disable the USB selective suspend setting under power plans. This action, though, had no effect on the sound card on/off/on/off
    cycle during bootup.

BK

BarrettKalellis, Aug 1, 2015
  3. cac333 Win User
    Windows 10 Background Slideshow not working

I have the same issue. I wish I could stop automatic update of windows 10 and/or have a way to back out of it to the previous version. Everytime I get an update something quits working. The time before last my background slideshow quit working, then I
    got the latest background and sometimes it during bootup or restart it will start to paint the screen and freeze after about 20% of the screen changes with the remainder being sort of semi-clear.

Last year my internal wifi quit working but I took a USB wifi from an old windows XP computer and plugged it in and my wifi works. The internal wifi always tests good but windows 10 won't allow it to connect. I've tried a driver update and backdown to
    an earlier version of the driver. Why would my old USB nub for wifi work just fine?

I want a restore that will back out a bad update.

cac333, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

USB wifi device not starting on bootup

1. USB wifi device not starting on bootup - Similar Threads - USB wifi device

2. Bootup to an USB attached display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootup to an USB attached display?: I have a laptop with a non-functioning screen. is there a way for me to bootup the laptop so that it automatically goes to a display attached to a USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootup-to-an-usb-attached-display/2ccb38d9-be63-4979-8e29-1a0bdb101ecc
  3. Bootup to an USB attached display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootup to an USB attached display?: I have a laptop with a non-functioning screen. is there a way for me to bootup the laptop so that it automatically goes to a display attached to a USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootup-to-an-usb-attached-display/2ccb38d9-be63-4979-8e29-1a0bdb101ecc
  4. Automatic Bootup Start Today This Morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Bootup Start Today This Morning: After I turned on my computer and noticed that when I tried to start my computer it went into automatic repair mode instead of starting as usual and I have not been able to enter Windows. Why would that happen today? Any ideas?...
  5. Automatic Bootup Start Today This Morning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Bootup Start Today This Morning: After I turned on my computer and noticed that when I tried to start my computer it went into automatic repair mode instead of starting as usual and I have not been able to enter Windows. Why would that happen today? Any ideas?...
  6. Wifi turns off on bootup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turns off on bootup: I am in the process of updating an old laptop: Compaq CQ60-419WM to give to a student for remote learning. After resetting the machine with a clean Windows 10 install Bld 19041, I found that each time I restarted the laptop it booted up with the "WiFi" setting in the setting...
  7. USB 2 on bootup but USB 3 when rebooted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 on bootup but USB 3 when rebooted: Good afternoon everyone, I'm having an issue on my machine where when I boot the machine up the USB3 ports on the back are recognised and operate as USB2 at USB2 speeds. When I reboot the machine though, the USB ports are then recognised as USB3 and operate at USB 3...
  8. Will a 32 bit application start on bootup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a 32 bit application start on bootup?: I was just looking to have a CPU temp readout in the System Tray Tried my tried and true but somewhat dated SpeedFan (latest ver 2.52) and after installing it ran fine. Configured it and got a nice CPU temp readout with good colour and size in the Sys Tray.... As I wanted...
  9. creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10

creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10: I have 2 Wi-fi adapters.One is the default Wifi adapter which is on the laptop which is present on all laptops,and then I have another wifi adapter which is a USB wifi adapter. I want to share my wifi internet connection to other mobile phones via this laptop. My onboard...
  10. How to start a network connection at bootup ?

How to start a network connection at bootup ?: Basic question is "How to start a configured network connection automatically when you boot up your PC". I've been searching for an answer, but haven't found a way to do it. This is for Windows 10 and has to deal with VPN. I've tried several VPN service providers and have...