Windows 10: USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

Discus and support USB Wifi For Desktop Computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i have not used for a while. When i did use it, i use it wired with ethernet connected to the modem or router.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2019.

1. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i have not used for a while. When i did use it, i use it wired with ethernet connected to the modem or router. But the desktop now is going to be located one floor below it and thus cannot be connected wired via ethernet

1. That means i cannot have internet unless i buy one of those usb wifi things on amazon?

2. Can someone recommend me a decent one?

Saw this for 8 bucks but is it trash?

Amazon.com: TP-Link TL-WN725N N150 USB wireless WiFi network Adapter for pc with SoftAP Mode - Nano Size, Compatible with Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 - Mac OS 10.6~10.11 - Linux Kernal 2.6~3.16: Computers Accessories

This one is better?

Amazon.com: WiFi Adapter 600mbpsTechkey Wireless USB Adapter Dual Band 2.4GHz/5.8GHz LAN Card 802.11ac Network Card for Desktop Laptop PC Support Windows 10/8.1/8 / 7 / XP/Vista/Mac OS 10.6-10.14 Mojave: Gateway

This one?

Amazon.com: EDUP WiFi Adapter ac600Mbps Wireless USB Adapter 5.8GHz/2.4GHz Dual Band 600Mbps USB Adapter 2dBi External Antennas Supports Windows XP,Win Vista,Win 7,Win 8.1, Win 10,Mac OS X 10.6-10.13.3: Gateway

I like to add that i will not be using this desktop much. Im only using it temporary for a while so its basically me using it for a few days and thats all. So would getting that 8 dollars one be fine?

:)

paulyjustin, Mar 24, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Mar 24, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB Wifi For Desktop Computer? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Tommygunn Win User

USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

What to get as a Wifi receiver for my desktop?

I've been parusing Ebay for various wifi adaptors but I need some clarification on what I should get.
    I'm looking at PCI, PCI-E, USB Dongle(Mini & Ultra Mini), 50mbps, 150mbps etc.

I presume that for gaming, videos and the usual nonsence I'm into I would be best going for a PCI-E, 150mbps wifi card, however, the USB dongles are dirt cheap and claim to do 150mbps.

Do these cards/dongles work as advertised? Does one format work better than another?

What would you suggest.
    Tom.

Tommygunn, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

1. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer? - Similar Threads - USB Wifi Desktop

2. Wifi is bad when conected to new desktop computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is bad when conected to new desktop computer: I recently got my first desktop computer windows 11 and its having major trouble conecting to the wifi that has worked just fine with all other devices. Its signal is very low and causes major lagspikes when streaming or trying to play games. Is there anything i can do to fix...
  3. Wifi is bad when conected to new desktop computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is bad when conected to new desktop computer: I recently got my first desktop computer windows 11 and its having major trouble conecting to the wifi that has worked just fine with all other devices. Its signal is very low and causes major lagspikes when streaming or trying to play games. Is there anything i can do to fix...
  4. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  5. USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop: Hi there. When i boot and i see the desktop, i hear a beep as if i connected something. My guess is it recognizes my keyboard since its the time when corsairs software kicks in and gives specific colors to my keyboard. Is it a windows or corsairs things? i would like to...
  6. USB WIFI card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB WIFI card: [ATTACH] Today i decided to upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10.Everything went smoothly except when i opened my pc i wasnt connected to my wifi.After some digging i found out that it wouldnt even read my USB Wifi card.I have tried every single solution found on the...
  7. USB WiFi Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB WiFi Question: If a computer has a built in WiFi card and with Windows 10, can I still use a USB WiFi. 152411
  8. Desktop on WiFi

Desktop on WiFi: How do I setup my desktop to be on wifi versus ethernet cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-on-wifi/1e9b5212-d6f4-4b61-a95e-6672ff9350a9
  9. Wifi not working on desktop

Wifi not working on desktop: My PC recently ran into some issues and after hours of troubleshooting, I finally got it working with a clean boot. However, it no longer can connect to WiFi and I'm not sure why. It is running windows 10 and had WiFi capabilities before. I already tried uninstalling drivers...
  10. USB WiFi adaptor

USB WiFi adaptor: I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the...